A selection from RAF Cosford nightshoot hosted by TLE

Edit My Images
Yes
So, I ummed and arrred about going to this and when a chum offered me a ticket as he couldn't make it I thought 'why not.' It's the first time I have attended one of these events with a mob of photographers. There were some who walked in front of your shot without a care in the world, there were some who tutted as you walked past even AFTER you asked if it was ok and they nodded (whats that all about?). The meal was scheduled for bang on sunset and after a horrendous journey I felt i had to eat so i missed the best of the sunset. Had i been better organised I could have taken sandwiches. It didn't help that they had shouted that this was the last chance to eat, and then about 15 minutes after the sun had gone down they did another run to the mess!!!
If I'm completely honest, I don't think i would go to another one. It was well organised by TLE and the staff were helpful. The air cadets had done a pop up cafe so there was tea and cake, which is always a good thing. The jets were nice and apart from a couple of continuity errors with the actors, it was a good session. Here's a few of my images from the evening.

Cosford nightshoot-2.jpg
Cosford nightshoot-3.jpg
Cosford nightshoot-4.jpg
Cosford nightshoot-6.jpg

Attachments

• Cosford nightshoot-1.jpg
    Cosford nightshoot-1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I really enjoyed it. Im ex RAF and spent some time at Cosford during my 18 years so it was nice to be back on camp. The museum was great, planning worked well for me as I got first food sitting and was back just in time for sunset. Shame my photos didn't turn out as well as I hoped. I have a major fear of moving the ISO off 100 so was taking extra long shots in low light, that didn't work with the smoke or actors.

The fourth one is something special… very good! :cool:

Thanks, that one was just a little different. I had to mess with the helmets as they were fitted with boom mics, which are obviously not used with fast jets. The two 'crew' were 14 year old female air cadets so they needed some underexposing to hide that fact.

The rest I accept are just 'average' plane shots, but it was something different. As we say, every day is a school day @Kodiak Qc :)

I'd love to attend something like this. Are the general public allowed to buy tickets?

Yes it's open to the public. The firm I went with is called timeline events. There are other firms which do it I believe. they do all sorts of events, you can sign up for a newsletter and it tells you all the upcoming stuff.

Back