Name
James
Edit My Images
No
A selection of photos taken for the upcoming 'Photographing the Dolomites' guidebook.

Please let me know if you would like any information on the area. Thanks in advance for viewing :)

DSC_5295+edit.jpg

DSC_2597+edit+crop.jpg

Very cool set and well rendered imagery! (y)(y)

The depth and the light in No1 is beautiful. My pick for the set is No3 the light is superb a stunning shot.

They are all stunning, one of the corners of the alps I've not been to but hoping to in the next couple of years.

Excellent set, very striking images (y)

Nice set, and I'm sure the book will be very good. With a trip to the dolomites in the planning I may even get a copy.

The second shot is the standout for me, it has an atmosphere and quality about it that kept my attention for a long time.

Inspiring photography. Not keen on the blob of green on the last however, that aside tremendous to look at

Thanks very much Chris. The green blob is the climbers belaying as they had to climb the route in two pithes due to the length of the route :)

Wow what a set, I couldn't pick a favourite I like them all. Nice work James

Oh wow, incredible images!
When is this book coming out if you don't mind me asking? I'd be very interested to learn more about this place and visit, absolutely amazing. Congratulations, inspiring work.

Fantastic. I was going to pick out 2 and 3 as my favourites but actually I think I could make a case for any of them. Presume last one is a night climb but how come so many different colours of light?

Oh wow, incredible images!
When is this book coming out if you don't mind me asking? I'd be very interested to learn more about this place and visit, absolutely amazing. Congratulations, inspiring work.

Thanks Clogs, very kind. The book is at the printers at the moment. The preorders will be shipped on the 1st October. There is currently a preorder discount if you were interested.

Fantastic. I was going to pick out 2 and 3 as my favourites but actually I think I could make a case for any of them. Presume last one is a night climb but how come so many different colours of light?

Thank Gad! We strapped two different coloured lights to each of the climbers just for effect :)

Incredible, number 2 for me. I love the light hitting the church, as well as number 3.

I am going to Verona>Garda>como in a few weeks, is there much of a drive to get to the areas you have photographed?

Hi Joe.

The Dolomites are about 2 hours from Garda and 3 from Verona. They're a bit of a drive from Como. Enjoy your trip!

That's it I'm packing up my camera stuff and giving up! even though I've just started those photos are beyond any hopes I had.....back to motorbikes as a hobby.

Great set of images James my favoiurite is the mono shot

That's it I'm packing up my camera stuff and giving up! even though I've just started those photos are beyond any hopes I had.....back to motorbikes as a hobby.

Ah stick with it Gary and do both! I'm sure you'll surprise yourself!

Stunning set. I felt a bit queasy though re. the tightrope walker as I don't like heights. :D

Re. your last sentence-advice. I don't think you can give me any really because we're going with a holiday company but my wife wants to go to the Italian Lakes so we've booked to go here for early next September..10 days http://www.thomsonlakes.co.uk/holidays/italy/malcesine-lake-garda/

I've also looked at Lake Maggiore since we booked and already I want to go there but we're more than happy to start with Garda…the north end ..no noisy water sports, all wind-driven.

Seeing them the way you have is the way to do it but the best we seem to be able to do re seeing the mountains is a day trip on a Thomson coach. My wife isn't keen on hiring a car.She doesn't like heights and hairpin bends either so she better take an aisle set.Lol. It does look like a photographers' heaven.I'm also hoping for one of the spectacular storms they say just suddenly blow up.

Back