A selfie to test some new toys

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
A quick selfie to test my new ElitePro 300 and Bessel soft box. I just need to find some willing volunteers :D I was unable to do a 'nice' pose and felt more comfortable pulling a face :D

The shot was against a blue bedroom wall and so maybe not the best? Although I am looking into a background system.

C+C Welcome

X-T1 + 18-50 2.8-4 @ 23mm - F6.4 - 125 - ISO 200
Testing Lencarta ElitePro 300 and Bessel Softbox by BenCremin, on Flickr

Like Shaheed said, the wall next to your ear looks messed up or you've done something in post. Also not keen on the catchlight. Did you put a grid on the softbox?

Other than those two minor points, looks good. Apart from the crop :p

Like Shaheed said, the wall next to your ear looks messed up or you've done something in post. Also not keen on the catchlight. Did you put a grid on the softbox?

Other than those two minor points, looks good. Apart from the crop :p

Yup, I used the grid. I probably didn't need to unless the soft box was facing the camera. I was interested in having it attached to look at the light fall off on the wall - i should have removed it after testing :D

Hmm... Looks like there was something there already and i made it worse. I'll take another look at that

My bedroom wall has a grease mark from a 5 yr old's hand and a light switch. I know where they are and work around them!!

Interesting, should I be using 16bit? I'm a photoshop novice..
More bits to play with helps reduce banding and artifacts, wider colour spectrum. Of course you will need to shoot in raw.

Back