A shadow of the past - being cast.

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
Hi all

I always like to return to this cottage, always tells its own story through the seasons that sits just on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park, and it's only 5mins from my front door, I'm still chasing that rainbow to accompany this sight, I had my umbrella deployed whilst taking this one during the rain and breaks in light, great place to be.

A shadow of the past - being cast. by Kevin O'Brian, on Flickr

Some serious light there! I'm guessing no HDR either. Love it either way, reminds me of the last time I was in Snowdonia.

ETA looks even better on flickr

Thanks guys most definatly not HDR:eek: one single file, it was one of those days when you look into the skys and see the black's and whites so time to head out, and I have not used a grad in this one Steve I went for the polarizer and have barely touched it in PP just incase I decide to enter any of my images for competions etc £10.000 would be nice so RAW file required etc Like I said earlier I will get THIS shot with that rainbow one day lol Believe Steve, it does happen every now and then trust me.
kevin

Last edited:
I didn't think it was HDR, one of my overriding memories of Snowdonia was the spectacular light at times, hard to describe but you have captured it here.

Lovely shot Kevin, with spot on composition & exposure. And the light is something else.(y)

George.

I think it's just the burst of bright sunshine that makes tge cloud seem so dark in contrast.

Beautiful shot Kevin.

That's a beauty Kevin.

I've seen this cottage before. Either a previous shot or yours on in a magazine perhaps.

All the superlatives have preceeded me so i will simply say fabulous image mate. You truly are blessed living so close to such beautiful scenery, that and a good eye too. :)

Wow! thanks for the link Kev;)
That is outstanding! Blimey someone mentioned your name and HDR in the same sentance:eek:
I love that, wish i owned that cottage.... the light in this is just stunning. I had a shot too that was just spot on and entered it in a competition and won but nobody believed it wasnt Photoshoped to death! It does happen once in a while you do get that perfect shot, and this is!
What is that little red thing down at the base of the wall to the right of the cottage in the middle foreground?
Thanks for sharing Kev, just fantastic work....

BTW if its just a stones throw away from home you'll get that rainbow one day(y)

Absolute cracking shot, just two things slightly spoil it for me
1 the two electric poles far left
2 the red/ white ball ? Down right near first wall

Thanks all, yes the little red object is a feed bucket not sure what brand but the farmers use them for water once they have finished with them, I did contemplate removing the lines, decided against.

Back