A shiny outfit, a shiny caravan & a shiny magazine

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
This was a curious one.. but then most of my shoots are :p

A friend - she happens to be a hair stylist I'd met during a previous shoot - is restoring a beautiful 60 year old Airstream caravan. When she posted some pictures of it in a half finished state I thought it would be a fab location for some photos. I hadn't reckoned with Becks creativity too.. the outfits, hair, makeup & props were all down to her & her friends.

It was a decidedly confined space so lighting required a bit of thought.

It also happens to be my first time getting an editorial in a magazine .. ok, so it's a print-on-demand thing you're not likely to see in WHSmiths but it has a reasonable circulation.

Anyway.. pics..

Femme Rebelle December BOOK 217.jpg Femme Rebelle December BOOK 218.jpg Femme Rebelle December BOOK 219.jpg Femme Rebelle December BOOK 220.jpg

good subject , good set bar the very last shot as her stance looks awkward

Great set of shots Sir, liking all of these very much with the exception of the last one (bottom right).(y)

George.

Great set there Simon, it's not every day anyone might have the opportunity to photograph such an iconic vehicle and your model really put the icing on the cake.

Really interesting work, very nice. Really enjoyed viewing these. 3&4 stand out for me.

Regards

Tim

I'd have to agree with the others - great set. The last does stand out as different.
I was wondering why - maybe the lighting or colour. Not sure. The bottom of the window is visible between her legs and I don't think it is ideal. 4 looks better.

The zebra skin in 2 and 3 is a winner :)

Holy crap, how did I almost miss these? Love them Simon, I must come back and view on a better screen later.

Wow Simon ! I bet these look stunning in there full size. The colours are amazing along with that outfit and the fab posing.
What a backdrop too.
Are you going to tell us how it they were lite or am I supposed to know this stuff by now ;-)

Gaz

Wow Simon ! I bet these look stunning in there full size. The colours are amazing along with that outfit and the fab posing.
What a backdrop too.
Are you going to tell us how it they were lite or am I supposed to know this stuff by now ;-)

Gaz

.. a bit of a mixture ..

1, 5 & 7 – large white beauty dish in front, reflector on the ground, red gelled speedlite & smoke machine behind
2 – speedlite popped in the skylight with some diffusion fabric over, large reflector brolly for fill, diffusion fabric over rear window with strobe behind
3 – high intensity reflector dish + white handheld reflector on the left
4 & 8 - as 2 but with blue gel on the fill
6 – large white beauty dish in front, white reflector below.

bts2.jpg

Hi Simon. Thanks for the detailed reply.
I would never have worked that lighting out in a million years.
You really are VERY clever at this game. Is that the large reflector brolly that's engulfing you in the last image ?
Looks very professional indeed.

Gaz

Back