a shot of the moon.

Dal

Is always right
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
after seeing the picture of the moon that Maximus took (fantastic pic matey) i decided to give it a try myself, so after taking about 30 odd pictures i uploaded them and i think this is the best one out of the lot.

the picture was taking with the fastest shutter speed my camera had and the maximum aperture i think, not sure about the number yet as i'm all new to this.

so whats the opinions of this?

Moon1Large.jpg

Thats excellent! Next time take two photo`s one exposed for the moon and another exposed for the sky, you may need a tripod, and finagle them together in PS.

Nice sharp picture Darren but you have 80% of the image totally wasted.:(

Always engage a tight crop on moon shots so that more detail is shown..:)

Hope you don't mind but this is one I took some time back and I am sure you would get the same result if yours was cropped tighter too..;)

moon1.jpg

Dal, I have to say that that is one of the best photos of the moon I have ever seen. I love the black space around it and the shape of the moon is wonderful, clever, arty shot..I love it!

Dal, I have to say that that is one of the best photos of the moon I have ever seen. I love the black space around it and the shape of the moon is wonderful, clever, arty shot..I love it!

:LOL: What a contrast to my post. Different opinions do count though.;)

Agree with Marianne here - aside from a few low key moon // landscapes , this is one of the best moon shots I've seen.
To me, close cropped moon shots are, well, boring.
Sure, they're technically impressive - especially when taken with some pricey gear - but that's about it. I know what the moon looks like - my eyes aren't that bad.. And for super detailed stuff look no further than nasa & the ilk.
To me it's like taking a really detailed photo of someones nose (check out those pores!) when you've missed out on the cracking grin on their face.
Still, each to their own!

We always seem to strive for the best sharpest most detailed shot of the moon, it's nice to see someone with a different idea. I suppose that's what it's all about really, make the best use of the equipment you have. I don't think I could do better at least not until my 5000mm LLL F1 IS arrives :)

I love this. The black space really works for me. Well done.

so overall the opinion of this picture is good yeah?

i do feel really happy about this picture as i cant afford a super duper camera so the one i have cost me £140. i will try the idea of cropping the moon so its purely the moon in shot but the reason i cropped the moon and left it in the vast space is purely because space it a vast entity and everyone is small in comparison.

cheers for the comment thour everyone. more shots to come soon as i am getting pretty addicted to this photography.

Excellent composition. I agreed with Marianne when we both looked at it the other evening but I witheld from commenting. You've summed up my sentiments about it.... a sense of the imponderous amount space it occupies !!!

Nasa must have had the same sense of scale when they fired probes at the thing 40 odd years ago. ;)

thanks dal for the comment you made on my shot of the moon.
i really like the shot you did it really stands out from the tightly cropped ones. well done.

Back