A silverfish

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
Found this little critter out in the boiler cupboard tonight, where I appear to get most of my shots nowdays :)

2296991780_8174637660_o.jpg

2296991770_bedea22307_o.jpg

Cracking shots Scraggs, I haven't seen these in years. I believe that they like humid areas, was it humid where you found the little critter?

wwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooh
saw number 1, thought OK thats pretty cool,
then saw Number 2 . . . now that is seriously up close & personal, maybe could of done with the focus point a bit further back to get more of the body within the dof instead of antennae but cracking stuff whatever
how on earth did you keep it still enough to shoot?, those things are fast

Thanks for the kind comments

Cracking shots Scraggs, I haven't seen these in years. I believe that they like damp areas, was it damp where you found the little critter?

Suprisingly no, the boiler cupboard is dry and the background it's on is carboard that the previous owner put over the cracked plaster (another job to get sorted :D) it's the first one I have seen here since we moved in 18 months ago

Whoe cracking Stuff, was this with your cannon 100mm macro?
Silver fish are cracking if you have them your house is fine people tend to asociate them with damp and thats not true at all.

Great macros I olve the 2nd pic it's amazing.
I havent seen a silverfish for about 20 years, when I lived with my Mum and Dad they used to be loads of them. But I have never seen one since, I always thought they were cute for some reason.

Thats a great shot (y)

Yep generally they are found in "humid" conditions ie bathrooms and kitchens. but seem to like warmth in preference to damp if they have to make a "choice"
They are pretty harmless

Whoe cracking Stuff, was this with your cannon 100mm macro?
Cheers James
These were done with the mp-e65, the first was at 1x and cropped and the second is at 3x cropped as it wouldn't let me get too close.

Great macros I olve the 2nd pic it's amazing.
Thanks

Thats a great shot (y)

Thank you

Silver fish are cracking if you have them your house is fine people tend to asociate them with damp and thats not true at all.
I havent seen a silverfish for about 20 years, when I lived with my Mum and Dad they used to be loads of them. But I have never seen one since, I always thought they were cute for some reason.

I don't think my girlfriend would agree with you on that :D

Eeek, we had a ton of these appear when we ripped out a kitchen in our new (well quite old actually) house just after we moved in. They appeared and just froze when the lights came on but were pretty yukky really. Managed to get rid of them eventually and seeing these pics I am glad we did!!!!

Nice shot.
Funny you should post this because I thought of these the other day. I remembered pulling the carpet up once and seeing them and couldnt remember if they were called silverfish.

Cheers James
These were done with the mp-e65, the first was at 1x and cropped and the second is at 3x cropped as it wouldn't let me get too close.

As i posted i thought..bet its something very exspensive...:thinking:
Oh Yeah Baby...

Boiler cupboard is the place to find them, have them also in their, good takes, how did you get it to stay in one place long enough

Excellent captures, remember these from when i was a child and they never used to stay still, so very well done :)

Boiler cupboard is the place to find them, have them also in their, good takes, how did you get it to stay in one place long enough

I was lucky with this one, it would let me get fairly close without moving, every now and then it would scurry off and then sit still again for a while but it's the first one I have come across like it.

Back