A Soldier and a Pirate

Fab fun photos! Shame you can't see all the gun in number 1... certainly the top of it anyway. #2 is fab!

Still works though! nice processing. :)

I think these are great. in my opinion you don't need the rest of the rifle in #1, we know what it is.

have you thought of replacing the BG with an OOF castle or dock scene?

Edit: came back for another look, for some reason the wedding rings are irking me! - maybe clone them out?

Last edited:
These look so much better on Flickr, No 2 for me Peter

Les ;)

Still works though! nice processing. :)
Thanks Bethy

I think these are great. in my opinion you don't need the rest of the rifle in #1, we know what it is.

have you thought of replacing the BG with an OOF castle or dock scene?

Edit: came back for another look, for some reason the wedding rings are irking me! - maybe clone them out?
I did try a few backgrounds but none of them seemed to work for me so I resorted to a texture. As for the wedding rings, I'd also spotted those when I was editing but as the couple were going to be getting copies of the images I didn't to offend by removing them.

These look so much better on Flickr, No 2 for me Peter

Les ;)
Thanks Les. It's a shame that quality gets reduced between my Macbook and Flickr and then between Flickr and here but I guess that's something we have to live with.

My only gripe with number one is i'd like to see the whole of the top of the gun, angled higher to match the angle of the outfit cross belt?

My only gripe with number one is i'd like to see the whole of the top of the gun, angled higher to match the angle of the outfit cross belt?
Thanks Peter. I'm partial to a bit of OCD so your idea of the gun/cross belt angles seems a valid one. Maybe a bit clinical though?

Not sure about it being clinical, more to do with looking at his eyes first then gun which leads you out of the frame?

I like these but I'd like to see the light placed higher. See how the nose shadow looks a bit odd.

Back