A strange one - Kodak Endura

Jay

Suspended / Banned
Name
Jay Porter
Edit My Images
No
Hi

I've had a problem with some prints that I hope someone maybe able to help with.

I sent three images to the lab for printing on the Kodak Endura paper and they called me to say that there are patches of blue on the prints !! :(
They are b&w so its really obvious, but they had printed them on the Fuji pearl metallic with no problems. The next day I received the prints on the Fuji paper and they were fine, no blue patches and looked good.

So simply to settle my curiosity does anyone have an idea why the Kodak had produced this problem ?

They sent me the test prints on the Kodak which I have scanned in to show you. The blue isn't quite as obvious after its been through my bad home scanner but you can still see it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

These test prints are 10"x8" and the final prints on Fuji are 24"x16"

I've used both Kodak and Fuji paper for a few prints in the past and have found that the Kodak paper is much better ... just personal preference I think.

Last edited:
it seems that the image has an overall blue cast, have you had this problem
before.

my print er was doing the same , i had to set my printer up to get rid of the problem

Cheers Steve

if it is the blue on the mesh it could well be like a moire pattern - caused by hitting the "nyquest" frequency of the lazer writing the image and the resolution of the paper - the resolution would be different with a different paper surface or type.... which is why the results only happened with a particular surface and brand. If my guess is right, if they print at a different size it should go away...

Back