A stroll around Yorkshire Wildlife Park

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Having spent the last few days eating and drinking too much, we decided a family day out was in order. So I persuaded the family that a trip to YWP was what we needed. So armed with my camera off we went. I have to say it was a very pleasurable day with plenty of me and camera time. anyway I thought I’d share a few of my favourites. My favourite animals as always are the Lions and Tigers (well who doesnt love them?), I decided I wanted to try and capture the strength and majesty of them. I have further emphasised these further in PP. Happy to accept any feedback (good or bad). As a side note I’m thinking of arranging a trip to YWP in the new year and gauging interest

Untitled by Chris Heathcote, on Flickr

I was also once told that no trip was complete without a fun shot of the tonsils (@Cobra ) , so in true style (and a bit of fun)

I was also once told that no trip was complete without a fun shot of the tonsils (@Cobra ) , so in true style (and a bit of fun)
You are learning Chris :D
Cracking set, cracking gob shot (y)

Not bad for a toy camera ;)
:LOL:

What happened to the Nutters Meet this year?
TBH Chris, I've had stuff going on, and I forgot about it until the other day, its a bit late now, for the usual date, I might leave a couple of months, and see
if that draws a few more.

Depending on the date I might be up for a YWP meet though (y)

:LOL:

TBH Chris, I've had stuff going on, and I forgot about it until the other day, its a bit late now, for the usual date, I might leave a couple of months, and see
if that draws a few more.

Depending on the date I might be up for a YWP meet though (y)

TBH It did me a favour as we’re moving house in Jan along with starting a new job. With regards to YWP, I was thinking around April/May time

Ok so where are the Polar Bears :(

Those lions are handsome aren't they, lovely set Chris
I might even be tempted to come to a meet now I have more time :eek:

Ok so where are the Polar Bears :(

Those lions are handsome aren't they, lovely set Chris
I might even be tempted to come to a meet now I have more time :eek:
Thanks Ingrid, NObby, Pixel and Nissan wee staying indoors and Victor wasn’t the most animating when I was there. Always seems to be the case, these were the best I got

Always nice to see YWP photos, Chris - love the Gob Shot :)

- keep me informed of poss date, and I'll pop over the fence and join you!

Russ

Will do Russ, I take it you are a neighbour then :). I was talking to one of the keepers at the Polar Bears and they were saying that the houses on the left can see the polar bears from their back gardens.Not jealous at all!

Thanks for the Victor pics Chris. I love the polar bears :love:

Will do Russ, I take it you are a neighbour then :). I was talking to one of the keepers at the Polar Bears and they were saying that the houses on the left can see the polar bears from their back gardens.Not jealous at all!
- Yep, and here is Victor from over our back garden fence one day last year
IMG_3319.JPG

- only moved here 3 years ago, and love it!

Russ

Back