A swim in the Park...

OOOH polar bears :love:

Lovely sequence, he looks so happy

-
- let's hope the new arrival (Tongki) later in the year from S Korea will be more content than he is in his present enclosure!

Russ

I heard a rumour that they are also hoping to rescue a couple of Ussuri Brown Bears from Japan

- Many thanks for the Heads-Up Ingrid :)
- I live over the fence from the Polars, and simply had no idea of this whatsoever!

Russ

I belong to another forum that keeps things up to date on many UK zoos which is quite handy.
Don't rush over to try and see them yet, they are settling in well but a quote from someone show was there today

Speaking to a few of the keepers they have settled really well, but they are allowing them to take things at their own pace. They are also having to slowly adapt them to the correct diet (they have been eating rice etc), but they do seem quite interested in meat at this point - all good signs.
They will not be on show for a while until they are fully acclimatised, so don't all rush to visit just yet!

I'll keep you informed when I see any news (y)

Super sequence Russ
Hope to visit Highland Wildlife Park, a pair of resident polar bears produced a female cub, which was born in December last year.

Hope to visit Highland Wildlife Park, a pair of resident polar bears produced a female cub, which was born in December last year.
- Many thanks, Gary - I've seen photos of that female cub, so I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience :)
- the 4 Polars at YWP are all male, so no chance of such a photo session down here in Yorkshire :(

Russ

Back