A trip to Colchester zoo

Hi Rob,

love the first two poses but they could both do with an edit to make them less blue. I especially like the second shot.

The third is OK, framing doesn't really work for me but the focus and detail are spot on.

If I'm being honest, the last one I would have left in the digital ether. It doesn't do anything for me. The subject is too dark (and of course no eye contact) for such a messy background.

Quite nice up there isn't it. They are constantly improving. I've been a few times recently but taken my boy and not my camera!

Thanks for sharing,

Gary

Thanks for the feedback gary. Will have a little re-edit and see what i can do? I always struggle being colour blind and don't always see the colour tint and to be honest they always end up being to blue!!
The first 2 was also taken behind glass and the iso was pumped up to the max so it took quite a bit to try and loose the milky haze of the reflecting glass!

Did not see the original photos, but your last edit (zoo4) is superb, especially taken from behind glass - just love the eye contact and expression. :)

Hi Rob,

edit looks loads better to me. Worth going back and doing imho :)

(P.S. a rubber lens hood is always handy when shooting through glass as you can push it right up to the glass and seal out any light which might cause the haze/glare you see, cheapo ones off eBay have served me well)

Happy snapping,

Gary

Back