A trip to the lake district

Name
You can call me Sir.
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all,

I thought I'd share some photos from a recent trip to the lake district. I don't do landscapes but I didn't really have much choice as there isn't much else to shoot. I was really hoping to go on one of the training flights to get some shots of the crew working with the mountain rescue teams but events on the day conspired against me.

The fist walk up the into the hills.
PICT1775ground.jpg

The accomodation.
PICT1799.jpg

PICT1782.jpg

The hotel bar.
PICT1784.jpg

PICT1820.jpg

PICT1813.jpg

PICT1785.jpg

PICT1815.jpg

and my personal favourite

No-Parking.jpg

I didn't stick them in in-depth critique because landscapes will never be my thing but feel free to add ANY comments you like.

Kev

That 2nd to last one is lovely. Why was there a helicopter parked in a field?

We were on exercise, practising operations away from our main base, mountain flying, night mountain flying and training with the local mountain rescues team.

Ohhh so thats your bad parking :p Also I like the one between the pub and the heli. Nice composition.

The first shot had massive potential if the sun had come out! I too like the same ones as Pete. :)

Thanks for the positive comments. I tried doing something with the sky in the first one and B&W but I couldn't do anything decent with it either way. I'm glad that you like the the lake ones given the fact that I know nowt about landscapes.

Number 5 & 8 are very nice. The deep blue of the lake really pops out on my screen. (RAF Boulmer per chance - they all look the same in yellow :naughty: )

Spotter Bob, but yes it is a Boulmer cab.

That 2nd to last one is lovely. Why was there a helicopter parked in a field?

Agreed. I like no 3 as well as it inspires a real feeling of what it's like being there. (y)

Spotter Bob, but yes it is a Boulmer cab.

Yep! Former space cadet from (OMG) 20+ years ago. I seem to remember always having to fight for one of the two the rear seats with the bubble window when we got the chance for a spin... happy days - wish I had my interest in photography then.:bang:

Wow, Wasdale in the sunshine that is quite rare as it is supposed to be one of the wettest places in the country. Great spot though, I have camped there many times and it has rained almost everytime. It is good to warm up with a nice pint and cornedbeef hash in the pub. Great pics those.

Back