1. I think this is Cantharis nigricans

Cantharis by Alf Branch, on Flickr

2. A solitary bee sunning itself in my garden possibly a male

Solitary bee- by Alf Branch, on Flickr

3 A fly sunning itself

Fly sunning itself- by Alf Branch, on Flickr

4. A Harvestman hiding in a hogweed leaf

Harvestman- by Alf Branch, on Flickr

5. A queen wasp starting to build her nestin a hawthorn which was keeping me back so I was struggling get a better shot

Queen wasp building a nest- by Alf Branch, on Flickr

6. A male Zebra jumping spider Salticus Scenicus my first siting of a male this year

Salticus scenicus Male- by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Last edited:
Love that last shot Alf and a male at that, very nice, Dont think I have got any male shots tbh.

Last one is a cracker. Are these the little spiders i see sunning themselves, but move like lightening when you get near. I really love those little eyes, all my friends and family think I'm weird because i see the beauty of bugs, they just say "yuk"

Last one is a cracker. Are these the little spiders i see sunning themselves, but move like lightening when you get near. I really love those little eyes, all my friends and family think I'm weird because i see the beauty of bugs, they just say "yuk"

Ha ha, join the club Leroy. Iv'e had a life time of being called weird for the same reason :)

Nowt wrong with these Master of Macro.

Thanks very much Alby
These were taken with just the sigma 105 and pringle diffuser on my camera mounted flash

Love that last shot Alf and a male at that, very nice, Dont think I have got any male shots tbh.

Thanks Graham
I have shot males a few times I have even videoed one going into a females nest look here https://flic.kr/p/tL4ZYc

Thanks Leroy
They will be those spiders if they are wandering around on the wall away from a web.

Here is a female

Female-Salticus-scenicus by Alf Branch, on Flickr

and one eating

A big meal 3 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Ha ha, join the club Leroy. Iv'e had a life time of being called weird for the same reason :)

I have been getting that at home I get asked if I am going to look for Bob.

But normally is the same one, the Zebra - Salticus Scenicus, I would like to see different species. I know, I am being greedy:p:D
I know what you mean all I find is Salticus scenicus.

Back