A very lonely little fly.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, just plucked up the courage to post my first image on here!

Just playing with my D40x in the back yard this afternoon and spotted this little mite sat on the top of my hanging basket. Just reminds me of a poor little kid no-one wants to play with. Bless.

This was taken using the 18-55mm kit lens, gets close but not close enough...i'm off shopping.

flyonbasket1.jpg

Nice unusual take on insect photography - I like it (y)

thanks for the kind words...i did try to give a sense of scale without showing too much of the rest of the image.

That dude was tiny, the arm he is sitting on is only about 6 mm thick, not sure how i noticed him!

Majorly. I've only got the kit lens at the minute, so i'm trying to do my best with it.

Kind of new to photography, hope that kind of thing isn't frowned upon too much.

Nice idea for a shot. I like it :)

I can see that picture style being called panoramic.... and we allow up to 1000 pixels wide for panoramas. This one is a little over that but I'll let it go ;)

That's almost sweet.... a fly :blergh:

(could do with losing a few of the cobwebs)

As most have already said .............

Like it and it's an unusual shot :D :D

Reminds me of Ren from the Ren and Stimpy show, lol!

aww

very nice capture, can almost hear the fly singing some fly version of kermit the frogs lonly frog song

Oz and Bolerus: Exactly the thoughts i had when i first saw it fullsize! Like a trembling chihuaha singing the kermit song!

Thanks alot to all for your comments!

Back