A Very Lucky Shot

Kodiak Qc

Suspended / Banned
Name
French Canadian living in Europe since 1989!
Edit My Images
Yes

C6297%201DppAP.jpg

Very nice

Very different ... I have the urge to make the bird central in the frame! :D

The colours and light are nice.
I'd like to have seen a wider crop with the full circle of "wave". Not sure if wave is the correct term. :)

Like Bob I'd like to see the full ripple and the full reflection, but I love the colour and light, and the way the reflection off the water just catches across the feathers.
Ripple! That's the word I was looking for :)

Nice..

That is a fantastic shot.
I have never seen a bird shot anything like it.

An unusual one for sure, almost sculptural/architectural and quite beautiful. Very much a "photographers eye" image.

But are you sure this is not the lost city of Atlantis reemerging from the depths ;)

Last edited:
That's really good, Daniel. Perfect timing, not luck!

As the page was loading I thought it was architectural, a cathedral rising from the water.

Last edited:
As the page was loading I thought it was architectural, a cathedral rising from the water.

Yes, that is what struck me as it appeared on my smartphone screen.

PS an example of what one sees and hears from and about the cues from nature that some architects use.

Last edited:
I really like this, the tones and colour are very silky and it has a very 'film' look to me.

..Very nice

Patience is not luck (y)(y)
Right, patience is just another way to invite luck…
that does not always accept invitations! :(
lovely shot

That is a fantastic shot.
I have never seen a bird shot anything like it.
Thanks for that Terry… I could not believe it when
I saw it on the back screen!
I do like that.......nice.

I really like this, the tones and colour are very silky and it has a very 'film' look to me.

Thanks every one, appreciated! :)

Very different ... I have the urge to make the bird central in the frame! :D

Yes, that was my first idea too, Roger but the take is full width
and that made it look too narrow. So I cropped it 3x4 and I left
it full width as I was loosing too much (IMO) of the reflection.

The colours and light are nice.
I'd like to have seen a wider crop with the full circle of "wave". Not sure if wave is the correct term. :)

Like Bob I'd like to see the full ripple and the full reflection, but I love the colour and light, and the way the reflection off the water just catches across the feathers.

If one remember how long a dabbler stays in that position,
I had to be quick to take the shot as I did not know how long
he was already under water.

A very lucky shot that I did not have much time to think really!

Thanks you both! :cool:

Last edited:
An unusual one for sure, almost sculptural/architectural and quite beautiful. Very much a "photographers eye" image.
But are you sure this is not the lost city of Atlantis reemerging from the depths ;)
That's really good, Daniel. Perfect timing, not luck! As the page was loading I thought it was architectural, a cathedral rising from the water.
Yes, that is what struck me as it appeared on my smartphone screen. PS an example of what one sees and hears from and about the cues from nature that some architects use.

That's what my younger son said:
" …looks like a
cathedral coming to the surface…" and he
added: "…in a science fiction movie!"

My second daughter said:
" Wow, daddy, that looks like a flower, a lotus or something!"

Thank you gentlemen!

Last edited:
The colours and light are nice. I'd like to have seen a wider crop with the full circle of "wave". Not sure if wave is the correct term. :)

As I said, it happened so quickly… I was just happy to get it in
the frame. I cropped a bit the hight but the width is untouched.

Glad you like it!

Last edited:
Excellent shot, something about it makes me think ancient Egypt and the Pharoes, most impressive.

Fabulous image - really well spotted. My first though was a crown or head dress before I scrolled down & saw the water.

Last edited:
Excellent shot, something about it makes me think ancient Egypt and the Pharoes, most impressive.

Egyptian, David?
That would fit the lotus idea!
Thanks.

That is one fan-flipping-tastic image.

Great colours, great structure. Beautiful.

My first though was a crown or head dress before I scrolled down & saw the water.

Yes, that was another thing my kids and I did not think of!
Thanks Tony!

I really like this. Beautiful.

Beautiful. Love the browns against the deep blue water and the way the light has caught the feathers. Very well seen and captured.
I was aiming at its head and the water pearling
on it as it decided to go for an other bite! Thanks.
That is one fan-flipping-tastic image. Great colours, great structure. Beautiful.
Yes, I believe so… we got in on the wall in the
conference room (as my daughter insisted)!

Back