A very wet Female Sparrowhawk

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
After trying for 20 months, finally managed to get a shot of this beautiful female Sparrowhawk, usually it comes through garden causing carnage !

I was making a coffee when I looked out the window to see her posing on the branch, I took some with my phone then set my cctv camera on her, ran for my camera expecting her to be gone but when I returned she was still there (I am guessing the rain helped).

Worried I would not get any pics, I quickly fired some off through the kitchen window, once I had a couple I took a chance to go outside, set the Z7 to silent shutter (this is on my user setting U2 so nice and quick), creeped along side wall until I was at the corner, leant around and managed to fire some off.

To say I am please is a massing understatement !

Just this one here but will post more or you can click through and take a look at them on flickr where the detail seems to look better

Eurasian Sparrowhawk (Female) by Adam Sibbald, on Flickr

Last edited:
Brilliant shot, had one perched on the rotary washing line unfortunatly i wa i kitchen and the camera upstairs
Thank you, I’m still buzzing about this shot it made my week that’s for sure

Lovely shot - all I get in my garden are the smaller birds- Lucky to have a Sparrowhawk :)

Les

That is a great shot, They are usually so skittish for such an aggressive bird, so well done you on getting shots,let alone really good shots. Nice one.

Excellent, you were mighty lucky there :)

Lovely shot Adam, great bird to have around, hope you post more on here and get more opportunities

Techs wise, the WB is a little off, and maybe raise the darks just a touch. Its obviously a gloomy day so I didn't want to go OTT with the brightness

51176506051_1738f39349_cWB.jpg

Mike

Worth the wait. Brilliant
Thank you

thats a cracker
Thank you

Lovely shot - all I get in my garden are the smaller birds- Lucky to have a Sparrowhawk :)
Les
Thank you Les, if you are getting lots of smaller birds I am sure you will have one nearby, they are quite elusive unless really looking

That is a great shot, They are usually so skittish for such an aggressive bird, so well done you on getting shots,let alone really good shots. Nice one.
Thank you and I have learnt now when its about due to the way the birds behave, best one was a woodpecker froze on feeder and stayed so still on opposite side until she left.

Excellent, you were mighty lucky there :)
Thank you and so happy to be able to get camera this time and get some shots worthy of posting

Lovely shot Adam, great bird to have around, hope you post more on here and get more opportunities

Techs wise, the WB is a little off, and maybe raise the darks just a touch. Its obviously a gloomy day so I didn't want to go OTT with the brightness

View attachment 319135

Mike
Thank you as always Mike for your advise and edit, its appreciated.

Back