A VSCC Selection from Mallory Park

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
A mixed bag from a number of races at the excellent VSCC meet I attended at Mallory last weekend. This was only my second day out with my 7D so would welcome any thoughts.

1 ERA R4A
IMG_1442.jpg

2 Aston Martin Speed Ulster
IMG_1876.jpg

3 Bugatti T35B leads Frazer Nash
IMG_2041.jpg

4 ERA R4A again. If I could own one car from the day (I wish...) this would be it.
IMG_1419.jpg

5 Talbot-Largo
IMG_1948.jpg

6 Amilcar - Hispano Special
IMG_2172.jpg

7 MG J2
IMG_1991.jpg

8 From the F Junior race. Didn't manage to include the race number so can't name the car. Fail.
IMG_2334.jpg

Good set. I can smell the R and hear the misfires! Always good to see the VSCC using their (often very valuable) cars as they were built to be used.

Out of curiosity what lens were you using ???

Thanks

All these were with a Canon 70-200L F4. Some of the paddock shots on my other VSCC thread were with a Tamron 28-75 F2.8

Cheers....

Im off to Mallory tomorrow afternoon to take some shots of a trackday, they dont usually allow people to spectate but I had a word and they've let me go to get some practice in....

Not shot Mallory with my 70-300 yet so just wondered what framing I would get, Ive also a 7D im still getting used to :D

Nice panning Martin & I like the treatment you've given to #4.

Cheers; no4 is one of my favourites although I did think it may have split opinions.

Jody - I have been to a few track days there (I only live a few miles away); both for cars & bikes & never had an issue just walking in to take photos. Maybe some organisers are more fussy.

Your probably right, I think its because the Trackday company have their own 2 photographers....

If i get any decent ones ill post them up...

I think you should be proud of yourself, saying only the second time out with the camera. Some good panning shots there and I do like some of the mono/sepia images also. Is this a regular meet?

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Jonathan - The VSCC have one meet a year at Mallory but do hold plenty of other events including races meets and hill climbs, check out their web site for details.

Back