A walk around Glasgow

Edit My Images
Yes
Been out over the last couple of days to try and get used to a new camera, thought it was a good chance to go for a wander and explore a little bit. My intention was to do some street photography, but it still makes me mildly uncomfortable so mostly ended up photographing buildings etc. Nothing groundbreaking, but at least I've managed to get out and do something which, is the first time in a while!

1. A set from the Glasgow Uni cloisters, a pretty iconic location that's been done plenty before, but I'd never visited so thought I;d have a crack. It was wonderful and quiet, a really calming place, I found.

Glasgow University Cloisters

2. A sort of abstract of the SEC, I just like the shape of it.

SEC Abstract

3. A shot of the squinty bridge, taken from alongside the River Clyde. There's a row of buildings that are distinctive, but (imo) somewhat ugly but which I thought worked here. Playing with the processing a little bit with this one, so interested in thoughts on it.

A walk along the Clyde

Thanks for looking!

Cloisters are an awesome place,

nice set btw.

Love photographing cloisters but terribly difficult to get them looking right. :)

Cloisters are an awesome place,

nice set btw.

Agreed, was particularly quiet and peaceful given the lack of students. And thank you!

Love photographing cloisters but terribly difficult to get them looking right. :)

Yeah, especially on a bright day like yesterday was - hard to balance the highlights and shadows. I spent quite a while there just enjoying the peace and quiet!

Something good about that Hydro shot.

Like the last but IMHO the best comes when that river is still and it is all mirrored nicely. You can see the begining of the reflections coming (or ending)

Yeah, I actually went back later that evening to get a shot with it lit up...however, I had just bought a Peak Design slide, and I forgot the allan key to undo the bottom mount so couldn't re-attach my tripod mount. Shame, because the sky was beautiful on Friday! Next time...

Wow! The cloisters shots take me back to my student days How many times did I walk through these, carefree and full of vim! The happiest days of my life! Now I'm morose :)

Lovely set, thank you :)

Wow! The cloisters shots take me back to my student days How many times did I walk through these, carefree and full of vim! The happiest days of my life! Now I'm morose :)

I never went to Uni, wandering around the campus kinda made me wish I had!

Lovely set, thank you :)

Thank you!

Hi, nice pics. need to get a walk there one day. Hope you don't mind i had a wee play around with them. I have been going thro old pics from a holiday to new york and making them black and white and when i seen your post i wondered how they look. took a shot at 1,3&5 my favs50359224327_48e8994e05_b.jpg50358329953_7d683f3929_b.jpg50358329618_af109df9b0_b-2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, nice pics. need to get a walk there one day. Hope you don't mind i had a wee play around with them. I have been going thro old pics from a holiday to new york and making them black and white and when i seen your post i wondered how they look. took a shot at 1,3&5 my favs

View attachment 298063View attachment 298064View attachment 298065

Don't mind at all - as a matter of fact I also did a B&W version of the SEC, but I didn't post it in the end. Not sure why now seeing your version, it looks pretty good, although you;ve processed it differently to me - would you mind posting how you did it? I like that one and the first of the cloisters - thanks for taking the time, appreciated!

to be honest i'm still learning PS and lightroom. I have been watching a lot of youtube vids and ended up buying 2 sets of presets. so i have been using these to start then tweak them to what i like. Trying to use them so i can see the settings to learn what was adjusted.
Been watching professor hines on youtube alot.

Back