Critique A walk around Skipwith Common

It's a nice set of images, two and six stand out for me. I'm not really in a position to critique macro images due to my own lack of experience. From my own general experience in terms of what I'd be critical of in any image of my own. I'd notice the noise in number eight, I'd probably be onto the brightly exposed areas on a few of the pieces of straw in the first image.and would debate with myself the same in respect of some of the blades of grass. I'd also consider pulling the green and yellow content back a touch in images two, three and four. The fly I'd have just plain told it to straighten up and get it's belly off the wood.
Good subject and composition appropriate DOF throughout this set, they also look pretty sharp, enjoyable viewing. Thanks.

Regards

Tim

I can see a vast improvement on these shots, nice set with 2 & 6 being my favs, the noise is still there though but I know you cant help that.

Nice set Mike the wold spider and the beetle are my faves.

Nice varied set. Well done getting those grasshoppers - I find them very easy to disturb and make them jump away.

I think the fly came out very well.

Was that beetle brownish rather than black? Reason I ask is that I played with it and thought there is (really not much but) slightly more that could be raised from the dark areas, but it made the beetle look browner with a hue that looks as if it might have been added from light reflected from the surroundings..

Nice varied set. Well done getting those grasshoppers - I find them very easy to disturb and make them jump away.

I think the fly came out very well.

Was that beetle brownish rather than black? Reason I ask is that I played with it and thought there is (really not much but) slightly more that could be raised from the dark areas, but it made the beetle look browner with a hue that looks as if it might have been added from light reflected from the surroundings..
Thanks! The beetle was jet black, and very glossy.

Back