A walk in the woods.....

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure which forum to put this in :thinking:, Animals and Nature or Landscapes and Scenery...

Anyway, this forum was a bit quieter, so I'll shove these in here :)

Went for a walk on Saturday morning, after getting up at half past 5 on the promise of patchy mist and fog.
I had about 5 hours sleep, waking up every hour or so, looking out of the window, seeing it all foggy and thinking "Excellent!". When I finally got up and looked out properly, it wasn't foggy at all, the window had just steamed up :LOL:

I was originally hoping for sunlight streaming through fog in woodlands type shots, but went out for a long walk anyway, and here are the shots I got.

Ohh #4 for me. Well worth getting up even without the fog. You shoulda come my way the fog never lifted through the entire day!
R

Nice shots, must have been difficult to meter ???
4th shot is my favourite too.
Rich

All very nice shots Marcel but #2 is very pleasing to the eye for me. I like the way the path leads you into the pic, very nice. I think it works better shot in portrait mode.

Jules :)

as above 4 for me but 6 is very good aswell nice shots ""5.30 AM on a weekend"""" well done:wacky:

Thanks for the comments everyone :)
I'm hoping to go back again this weekend.

I just *love* autumn for photos.

5:30 am? Dead easy on a weekend when its a photography mission.
My wife has to drag me out of bed at 8:30 during the week to get me to take the kids to school :D

Marcel ... you must stop all that heavy breathing lark when youre in bed at night ... then your windows will remain clear! :LOL:

I like them all, as these kind of pics really appeal to me (love trees).
Liking the last two the most ... def worth getting up early for! (y)

These are all lovely, really like 6 the light is amazing.

Thanks you two (y)

A quick word. I replaced a couple of the images (mainly the last two in here I think), as they were initially quite green and too saturated. I decided to revert back to the initial WB that the 30D decided on when shooting, and reuploaded them, so a forced refresh in your browser might be needed to reload the correct versions.

Wow. It's hard to decide... between 1,4 and 6... I would like it to be 1, but for some reason, it's not quite there... number 4 feels like too much foreground........ number 6 is great except there's lacking some central subject............................

Sorry, i'm a bit drunk on wine and beer right now... :D not making much sense...

on second thoughts, saturate the green on number 6 a bit and put it on the TPF calendar thread. :D

I have taken wood shots and always hate them afterwards so you have done well to come up with some pleasing shots. Last one is my fav. (y)

Thanks very much you three :)

I did try a saturated version of them (by changing the colour balance), they came out very green, but unfortunately looked really unnatural. :(

It's the light that I like on them all. And I think number 6 is one of my faves, the only problem I have with it, is that it's quite 'busy'.

Back