Fraser White
Edit My Images
Yes

Very good DR in most of them, Fraser and I really
like your story telling! :)

I worked for years with the HP version of the F3, a
beautiful time with these motorized bodies and I ne-
ver under stood those saying it was an ugly thing! :confused:

Very nice, Chester's a good place for street photography. Look's like you were clocked in No4

First (that guy has just something about him, is he a bad spy or something or maybe a private?) and last (great line and good positionment of this lamppost) come out of the bunch for me.
Next to last is the least favorite, i find her half blured pretty distracting in the background.
Good job you did at taking and developing these.

Thanks for all the comments everyone :)

Also took this; it isn't quite 'tack sharp' but I do wonder what she is thinking about an existing ring or another purchase from the jewellers!

(Nikon F3/Nikkor 50mm f1.8/Ilford HP5):
img074 by Fraser White, on Flickr

As Kodiak says, great DR, lovely rich blacks. You have controlled the grain well, I find that it can get out of control with 35mm HP5 +. What developer did you use?

I too use a Nikon F3 HP, have had it for most of 30 years, always with me again after a long retirement.

I used ilfosol developer for these. Thanks for the comments - when I used to shoot film many years ago I loved the 'low-fi' look of 35mm & HP5 as it gave a gritty photojournalism look which is what I like and what I struggle to like about digital.
I gave up photography when I went digital for over 10 years as I get bored quickly with it.

How did you convert the negatives to digital?

I used a very old Epson 3200 flatbed scanner. Unfortunately this doesn't work with Windows 10 it is that old so had to edit the driver file to get it going!

Fab stuff - love Chester - and love my old F3 :)

Back