A walk to the lock.

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
Last Sunday morning we walked down to the local lock on the north Oxfordshire canal, and inevitably the camera came along.

Somertonwalk2-3271 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Somertonwalk2-3272 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Somertonwalk2-3275 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Somertonwalk2-3276 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Somertonwalk2-3281 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Somertonwalk2-3283 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

C&C welcome again.

It feels like I'm scratching the surface of IR at the moment - a bit like getting your first digital camera - and haven't really got beyond "ooh, that looks interesting" yet.

Thats an interesting set, Toni. The IR is certainly very striking and adds a different element to an otherwise standard scenic view. I'm especially drawn to no3 and no6.

Love them. I think IR makes these pictures really interesting. Keep posting :)

…again, cool compositions!
Do you shot RAW?

Thank you, gentlmen.

…again, cool compositions!
Do you shot RAW?

Yes - I don't think a .jpg format would work well for this. I'm using a D70, and I'd guess it has about a 5-6 stop dynamic range for IR, which is why it's so hard not to get blown highlights or lose the shadows in noise.

Have you adapted a camera for infrared, or do you use a filter - is there much difference between them?

Another fine set Toni
I really want an IR conerted camera I always fancied shooting IR film

So very cool :) particularly like 1,4,5

Thanks Dan. I'm using a converted Nikon D70 - bought it from NeilA1975 on here. The difference is that I can hand hold most of the time, where as using a filter cuts most of the light, and a tripod would be essential.

Another fine set Toni
I really want an IR converted camera I always fancied shooting IR film

Thanks Alf. I've a feeling there's a converted panny for sale in the classifieds, if you really want to leap aboard this particular train.

Thanks Alf. I've a feeling there's a converted panny for sale in the classifieds, if you really want to leap aboard this particular train.

As a m4/3 user it is a great buy but funds are not there ATM.

Back