Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
New to photography, but got this shot the other day with my 750d

e9spqa.jpg

Thats a not bad shot of a hover fly.

:plus1: as above.
What is your lens setup, do you use extension tubes ? do you use a flash, if so what one and was it diffused ?
Are you new to photography and what is your interest, ie Macro, portrait, landscape ?
Welcome to TP btw :)

Its a common mistake it cannot be a wasp as it has no antenae and the eyes are the wrong shape, but it is mimicing a wasp or a bee.

The shot is in focus and free from camera shake which is a start but mucvh progress can be made. Without knowing how you took the shot from the exif I cannot much specific advice.

Have a look here https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/we-need-you-in-draft-want-to-get-into-macro.551944/

2ivy2d3.png

These are the settings I used

:plus1: as above.
What is your lens setup, do you use extension tubes ? do you use a flash, if so what one and was it diffused ?
Are you new to photography and what is your interest, ie Macro, portrait, landscape ?
Welcome to TP btw :)

Thanks and I used a Canon ed-s 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm lens. And yes I am totally new to all this, this is the first camera that I have had (except mobile phone ones) so its all a fairly steep learning curve for me. My main interest at the moment is more inclined towards macro.

2ivy2d3.png

These are the settings I used

Thanks and I used a Canon ed-s 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm lens. And yes I am totally new to all this, this is the first camera that I have had (except mobile phone ones) so its all a fairly steep learning curve for me. My main interest at the moment is more inclined towards macro.

Thanks for the reply and info.
Obviously I don't know your finances but if you can invest in a macro lens, it does not have to be a Canon lens, there are others on the market that are equally as good, maybe have a look on evilbay 1st and get a 2nd hand one.
Look forward to seeing more of your shots soon.
You are here to learn and there are some great people on TP to give you some great advice.
You should look at the 3 stickies at the top of the macro page for more information.

Thanks for the reply and info.
Obviously I don't know your finances but if you can invest in a macro lens, it does not have to be a Canon lens, there are others on the market that are equally as good, maybe have a look on evilbay 1st and get a 2nd hand one.
Look forward to seeing more of your shots soon.
You are here to learn and there are some great people on TP to give you some great advice.
You should look at the 3 stickies at the top of the macro page for more information.

Ive actually got a new lens coming today

CANON EF 100 mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens

Definitely. Before spending any money.

Too late xd

Ive actually got a new lens coming today

CANON EF 100 mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens

Too late xd
Quality lens, look forward to seeing more shots with this lens.

Back