A weekend in Snowdonia

Edit My Images
No
I've posted a sunrise and an astro shot already from last weekend, but here a few more from what was a busy, tiring (long drive and sleeping on a hillside and in the car), but, for me, successful weekend.

First off was a quick stop at Cwm Idwal just to kill some time before heading for the sunset and astro spot. I've been here a couple of times, both in misty atmospheric conditions and for sunrise, but I think this is one of the best shots I've taken there thanks to some lovely spotlighting and having an UWA lens on hand.

Last edited:
Cheers folks :)

That morning would be rated 11 on a scale from 1 to 10. I don't think I've seen that lake still let alone with this light and sky. Great work all round.

f8 and be there as they say!

Looks like a cracking if tiring weekend! Love the reflection shots, and the Astro in the other thread.

Very tiring, but worth it. I knew I'd be having a wee bivvie on Pen Yr Ole Web but decided against taking my sleeping bag up just for a couple of hours. Mistake - it got bloody cold. Still, I must have drifted off because I opened my eyes with the Milky Way right above me.

Now that is a great set. All are impressive but the composition on the second in particular is really really great. I love how the rock on the right mirrors the mountain on the left with the pool in the foreground echoing the lake in the distance.

Looking at this set alongside the others that literally has to be one of the most successful UK landscape overnight trips ever...!

Love the pinky clouds against the blue sky, and a nice sign of possible things to come I guess when you saw it.

The Llyn Llydaw shots are the nuts and I would print them very large indeed if they were mine. Well done.

fab shots . never get the weather me .. thanks for sharing those .. great technique and nice composition

Looking at this set alongside the others that literally has to be one of the most successful UK landscape overnight trips ever...!

Love the pinky clouds against the blue sky, and a nice sign of possible things to come I guess when you saw it.

The Llyn Llydaw shots are the nuts and I would print them very large indeed if they were mine. Well done.

fab shots . never get the weather me .. thanks for sharing those .. great technique and nice composition

Cheers :) It's 25% planning and 75% luck.

Back