A wet Roaches

Name
Fraser
Edit My Images
No
My first attempt with my new camera and think it looks ok in black and white/ moody? any pointers would be greatIMG_5579.JPG

Not knowing where you are in the your photographic journey it's hard to provide feed back. The title doesn't really match the shot for me and I think it would benefit from more contrast. What is your new camera?

Hi Sirch, im only just starting with a "big camera" . Its a cannon d800. I could not get closer (and it was chucking it down) but think I may have been too far away and or cropped to much? The sky was quite plain so tried to get rid of most of it. ill see if I can scale the original down in the morning as its too large, leave it with me

I think we all find it hard to be detached from our photos, we were there and we know what we went through to get the photo. Rainy days are probably days for details rather than big views

This doesn’t work in all honesty. The camera is irrelevant as compositionally it’s a stack of rocks, no engaging view, no interesting light, no detail in the sky. Not really a day for wider views, woodlands are better on days like that and minimalist coastal stuff can work too

Last edited:
I take it that this is The Roaches in Staffordshire. I think the image loses out because of a lack of context. It would have been better to show more of the foreground.

Thanks all, its good to learn, ill try again when its not raining ;-)

Perhaps you could post the uncropped version to see if any alternative edits could be done?

Back