A winding country lane

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Winding Country Lane by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

We don't always get to take pictures in the conditions we strive for with beautiful light setting things off. For me though it makes you concentrate more on composition and the feel of the shot, this is one from last year in the Brecon Beacons that I find myself looking back on as a strong reminder of the place. For anyone local it may be a good time of year now to visit this side of Pen y fan, perhaps at sunrise and see what could be had.

Really like this shot, you need to be by water...

Thanks all, I do think there is more potential to this area of Wales.

Perhaps although if the conditions aren't for me I just wonder around leaving the camera in bag. I quite like this image but its nowhere near the calibre of your best.

I do too from time to time, but working long hours I need as much practice as I can get with the camera when I get a chance I try and use it so I don't forget how!

Winding Country Lane by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

We don't always get to take pictures in the conditions we strive for with beautiful light setting things off. For me though it makes you concentrate more on composition and the feel of the shot, this is one from last year in the Brecon Beacons that I find myself looking back on as a strong reminder of the place. For anyone local it may be a good time of year now to visit this side of Pen y fan, perhaps at sunrise and see what could be had.

good pp here...you dont need the sky though
i would have done just as you have..it impressive
cheers
geof

Last edited:
Thanks all, I do think there is more potential to this area of Wales.

I do too from time to time, but working long hours I need as much practice as I can get with the camera when I get a chance I try and use it so I don't forget how!

You don't need practice. You're capable of taking brilliant pictures up with the best of them. Like all of us you just need the subject and conditions to make it happen

You don't need practice. You're capable of taking brilliant pictures up with the best of them. Like all of us you just need the subject and conditions to make it happen

Thanks Steve, that's a very nice thing to say.

Absolutely bang on about the subject and conditions, time to keep making that effort too is key.

I feel like I'm missing out in photography and life experiences sometimes when I see other people putting up great shots from the places I want to be at taking photos.

This is not a competitive thing, but a pang of regret that every year i'm a year older and all I've done is worked rather than spent time outdoors with a camera in the mountains.

On the positive side I've got a trip in the planning for west coast of Scotland 1 week end of October this year....!

Get in touch closer to the time @Craig_85 as I am local to the area.

This thread has evoked my feelings of the day. I fancy myself as reasonable with a camera and decided to head to Assynt this AM which as we know is an amazing place. Forecast looked good too but it was wrong. Instead it was very dull and the drab grey light just didn't work for me and the type of pictures I want to take.

Some photographers find their mojo in this, they like this type of weather. It isn't for me. So the camera barely left the bag and I just ambled about and had a ball. Just being there was enough but I didn't feel the need to take pictures because they wouldn't be pictures I would like.

I was on your flickr the other day, plenty good stuff to like on there from this year.

Last edited:
Back