A Woodland View

Quite like that too but my eye is drawn to the water in the bottom right hand corner. Can't decide if it's a shadow from the tree canopy above or some sloppy cloning so might be worth doing something with it.

It's the tree canopy. I too had noticed it but didn't think it detracted from the image as a whole, nice to hear somebody else's view though.

Not keen on the massive trunk in the centre, to be honest. It isn't very interesting to look at and rather dominates the photo, plus it's in shadow. I think it might have worked better with a different viewpoint.

I've heard tell that one accessory a landscape photographer should always carry is a chainsaw. ;)

It feels like it would be a fantastic image without the trunk, as Giles mentioned, good try though.

Thanks both.

I quite liked the texture of the trunk which was the reason I'd composed the way I did.

That said, I can see how it dominates the image and how the image would work without it.

I might go back for another look one morning and will see if there's anyway of composing with just the front tree.

James

Back