A word of warning - Maple Framing Ltd

Name
Del
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wanted to give a word of warning in case any of you are thinking of ordering from Maple Framing Ltd.

I put my first order in with them yesterday for a mix of strut mounts for a school job, received today.

The packaging was appalling - they were effectively loose between rolled sheets of bubble wrap so free to move around inside the box. One complete set of one size were damaged, and another size didn't have the struts cut into them. I phoned with a polite enquiry to ask if they could replace the damaged ones and send out ones with the struts cut in for those that didn't have them.

The response I got was even worse than the packaging. Firstly insinuating that the only way they could have been damaged was if I damaged them, and then went on to say that 'sometimes they go out without struts on' as though that was acceptable - but that all they would do is take those back, and that they would not send out any replacements. So I'd be left with a part order and no way to match them?! Their customer service is beyond appalling, I've spoken to three people there now and their constant insinuation is that I've damaged them. They said they'll take the whole order back but made a thinly veiled threat that they'd check everything and that any that weren't exactly as when they left them would not be refunded. They say they check each individually on leaving, yet don't notice missing struts?! The first person I talked to said that the struts are recycled material and incredibly easy to damage so 'it was to be expected', the last I spoke to said they couldn't get damaged without the box taking a serious hit so that would be damaged too...

Great way to run a business guys!

Oh well, my credit card company have just told me to email them and tell them they can come and collect them, they are going to cancel it from their end :)

Well I'm one that will not use them now!

My orders are always well packed from them. Ordered from them again on Monday at 1.30 and received them Tuesday. Can't fault there service personally.

Interesting, I've not had an issue yet either... I order by the full box though so I guess no issues of packing out with bubble wrap or card

Sorry to hear you have had such a negative experience with them but I haven't hand any problems with them either

Oh well, my credit card company have just told me to email them and tell them they can come and collect them, they are going to cancel it from their end :)

Thats the way forward, I never use my debit card anymore, all credit card. much safer

They still sound better than carters mounts, took a month to get my order, missed the personalisation on them, but were packed well. Next day seems pretty good! If I do order, will use credit card, thanks for the heads up though.

Thanks for highlighting the company's shortfalls, could save folk a lot of hassle

Les :ty:

I have used them for the past 3 years with no problems whatsoever.

Hi Davince
I never complain about companies but I totally agree with you about the Maple Framing customer services response, I don't thing I've ever had a reply from any company to an email I sent them. I thought Id may have made a mistake when ordering a USB stick from them and they said they would give me a white box instead of the black one I had ordered by mistake but they pointed out that they could afford to do it again, I said I was happy to pay the difference but on their website it look like it was the same price anyway. Then I got the abuse, they told me that the pricing was obvious and all I had to do was order the right thing in the first place. I would never buy a thing from them again. As you said "Great way to run a business guys"

Iā€™d forgotten about this thread as its 2 years old now.

I placed a quick order from maple for 100 12x8 strut mounts as my usual supplier had run out.
I received only 97 and 2 were damaged due to insufficient packaging.

I emailed the company stating this and asked how they suggest we proceed.
I was advised they would offer a refund for 5 mounts as a goodwill gesture and ā€œ...to purchase elsewhere in future to avoid this happening again.ā€

Sounds like good advice.

Very surprised at the few negative comment here, used them for many many years and absolutely brilliant company, prices and customer service. I get all my ink, blocked mounts, paper, paper backgrounds etc etc from them. I can always pick up the phone up to speak to them. They also rush stuff through at no extra cost if it's urgent. Perfect company for me. Ken (and Liz) Roberts Photography.

Back