A10s at Lakenheath

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Well the weather was dreadful with quite a low cloudbase but it didn't stop them coming out to play!

1)
Lakenheath 19/03/15 by Harry Measures, on Flickr

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

And a cheeky F15 "Mig Killer":

8)

Thanks for looking!

Great shots from 3 onwards, love the A10, such a mean plane.

1&2 personally I don't like the angle.

Not keen on tilted shots, especially of planes and cars but do like the level ones. Never realised that they had an offset front wheel - presumably to leave space for the chain gun.

A good set of pictures, looks like the pilot of 956 need to do a refresher course on inflight refuelling.

Are these aircraft from the National Guard as I did not think the USAF still used the A10.

I agree with Nod about tilted horizons but nice shots non the less. When ever I see the A-10 it reminds me of a PIC in a book in the school library showing that gun next too a mini, they're about the same size, the magazine is behind the cockpit. Ugly but awesome plane. #7 for me cos it shows the pilot and THAT gun. Good stuff Harry!!

Great shots from 3 onwards, love the A10, such a mean plane.

1&2 personally I don't like the angle.

Thanks. I know the angles aren't to everyone's taste!

Not keen on tilted shots, especially of planes and cars but do like the level ones. Never realised that they had an offset front wheel - presumably to leave space for the chain gun.

Yes, I think it's so the cannon fires on the centre line of the aircraft. Thanks.

A good set of pictures, looks like the pilot of 956 need to do a refresher course on inflight refuelling.

Are these aircraft from the National Guard as I did not think the USAF still used the A10.

We were discussing about the dents and never thought about A2A refuelling! Doh. Yes USAF still operate them for the time being but I think they are in line for the axe.

I agree with Nod about tilted horizons but nice shots non the less. When ever I see the A-10 it reminds me of a PIC in a book in the school library showing that gun next too a mini, they're about the same size, the magazine is behind the cockpit. Ugly but awesome plane. #7 for me cos it shows the pilot and THAT gun. Good stuff Harry!!

Thanks :) Got to admit I really wanted something like number 7 so I came away happy despite the weather. Can't have sunlit topsides every time haha...

Back