A4 printer options

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, I'm sure this may have been covered before, but I'm looking to purchase a printer to printing photos for greetings cards and the odd larger print for clients.

Im not sure if i can justify the pixma pros partly due to lack of space, cost and the limited number of prints i currently need to make.

It appears to be a choice between either the canon or Epson top home printers?

Epson Expression Photo XP-760

Or the PIXMA TS8050

I'm guessing the cost of ownership of these will be cheaper based on limited printing needs compared to the larger pro printers?

I'm also interested in how much better the quality is when printing small prints under 6x4 size anyway.

Any input from actual users of these printers would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Is the photo quality as good as the Canon Selphy printers?
I am thinking about one of these for A4 printing etc.

Hard to compare, for a start smaller photos always look better, very similar to how everything looks good on the camera lcd
Apart from the Selphy being a different type of printer they also finish off with a coat of lacquer which enhances the print

I bought the ip7250 (mistook it, my pc calls it 7200 series) to replace an older more expensive Pixma printer and have been very pleased with its performance.
No fax or copier, just good A4 prints, it is a bit noisy and sometimes takes a little whilke to fire up and do its stuff. Not owned a silent printer yet, it does have a quiet mode, but never bothered to try it

Nice that it comes with plenty of ink and not just enough for one or two prints, automatic drop down paper collection tray is good too
Personally think they are great value and would happily buy another one should the need arise, any minor niggles are petty given the price

Last edited:
Is the photo quality as good as the Canon Selphy printers?
I am thinking about one of these for A4 printing etc.
The Selphy printers are 6"x4" dye sub printers, I wasn't aware any of them do A4.

Very good quality 6"x4" prints, but not cheap per print.

Only talking about the Selphy printer this morning with my daughter and how I must dig it out to use again.
Bought two sets of toner and paper in a sale a year or more ago and haven't used it since.

Back