A5

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm hoping someone on here can help with a problem I'm having printing an A5 image in Lightroom on my Epson XP-960.

I set the paper to A5 in the printer setting and ensure my image is correct to the a5 ratio of 148x210. But every time I print the image its approx 6-7mm short on the long side. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I realise this is probably not enough to go on, but if anyone has any idea at maybe where I'm going wrong then I would appreciate the help.

I'm hoping someone on here can help with a problem I'm having printing an A5 image in Lightroom on my Epson XP-960.

I set the paper to A5 in the printer setting and ensure my image is correct to the a5 ratio of 148x210. But every time I print the image its approx 6-7mm short on the long side. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I realise this is probably not enough to go on, but if anyone has any idea at maybe where I'm going wrong then I would appreciate the help.
Please tell us what are the pixel dimensions of the image?

Also borderless or not? Does your printer support borderless printing of A5?

Also borderless or not? Does your printer support borderless printing of A5?
Not according to the printer driver. Borderless is available in A4, A3 as well as a few other sizes but not A5 or A6

2480x1654

OK

210 divided by 148 = 1.42 (rounded up to 2 decimals from 1.419)

2480 divided by 1654 = 1.50 (again rounded up from 1.499 )

So there is a miss match in the size based on the pixel dimensions and the smaller size you are trying to print it onto. AFAIK if you try by cropping the image to the 1.42 ratio you should see it fitting???

OK

210 divided by 148 = 1.42 (rounded up to 2 decimals from 1.419)

2480 divided by 1654 = 1.50 (again rounded up from 1.499 )

So there is a miss match in the size based on the pixel dimensions and the smaller size you are trying to print it onto. AFAIK if you try by cropping the image to the 1.42 ratio you should see it fitting???
So, my ratio should be 1:1.42?

So, my ratio should be 1:1.42?
Yes, as I understand it to fit on the A5 paper and found this when looking at sizes already worked out so to speak, saved me calculating it and as you can 'see' it is 1:1.42

Equivalent A5 paper dimensions in pixels: 1748 pixels x 2480 pixels (300dpi print resolution)

HTH :)

Back