Abandoned Hut, Lofoten

The dramatic background help make this a cracking image. I probably would prefer a little more space around the hut though. Oh, and BTW, prefer the colour one myself.

What a great place to have lived. No noisy neighbours. ;)

I too prefer the colour image - the subtle colours make it a little more interesting.

It could do with rotating ACW by a degree or two BTW.

I hope you have that could one printed and displayed.
Oh, the B&W isn't too shabby either.

Thanks for the kind comments everybody. I agree the B&W could do with more punch, I'll take a look at that (though I also prefer the colour).

I should have given the hut a little more breathing room at the edges but it was a bit of a rush job, unfortunately, the weather over there changes in an instant and this was yet another occasion of getting very wet on the way back to the car!

Two very nice presentations Pete, I too prefer the colour image.

On my phone, it is the first colour one that is visible until I scroll............the hint of warmth in the foreground colour, almost all the same tone (hut, rocks and sparse dead growth), is to me so well balanced with the bleak cold beauty of the mid & background. Abandoned though it is the warmer tones make it inviting, compared to what is beyond, as a place to stop.

Then I scrolled to spot the b&w version and it suddenly lost "something" to look like any other similar image.

Lovely images. I especially like the colour one (unusually for me), I think it may be that this one demonstrates the cold and isolation more effectively.

Back