Abbey our Cat

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
This is our cat Abbey.

Around Christmas time last year I managed to take some photos of her sat on the single brown case.
I was lucky and happy with those.

These cases had been found when clearing out my Wife's Uncles home and are still here at ours taking up space in our small home.

That said they seem to photograph well.

Anyways I thought I would try take some images of Abbey on top of all three.

Any feedback critique is most welcome.

Gaz

YBPp1Za.jpg

qCjgiq5.jpg

nice :) prefer second due to composition, (floor is on a slant though, and i would tidy up the kink on the left where the floor meets background) /nitpick

Last edited:
@twist

Thanks

nice :) prefer second due to composition, (floor is on a slant though, and i would tidy up the kink on the left where the floor meets background) /nitpick
Hi Dan Thanks for the feedback. Nitpick all you like. It's the only way I will learn this stuff.

I levelled the brown case above which as thrown the background out.

The crease was a bit of insulation tape holding paper to the floor for some reason I sort of thought it looked ok a bit rough around the edges. Or maybe I just got lazy.

I have removed it and levelled from the wall to floor join.

Any better ?

Gaz

1kHvOIw.jpg

@twist

Thanks

Hi Dan Thanks for the feedback. Nitpick all you like. It's the only way I will learn this stuff.

I levelled the brown case above which as thrown the background out.

The crease was a bit of insulation tape holding paper to the floor for some reason I sort of thought it looked ok a bit rough around the edges. Or maybe I just got lazy.

I have removed it and levelled from the wall to floor join.

Any better ?

Gaz

1kHvOIw.jpg

yup :D looks good to me!

i think it really does look better with the floor level.

The cat looks balanced now, countering the slant of the suitcases - i like it.

Last edited:
Sorry but to my eye something still looks out of level. The bottom of the frame does not look parallel with either the floor or the frame of the lower case. However, if you rotate it the cat will look wonky. Hmm. :thinking:

Sorry but to my eye something still looks out of level. The bottom of the frame does not look parallel with either the floor or the frame of the lower case. However, if you rotate it the cat will look wonky. Hmm. :thinking:
These old cases probably never line up truly straight.

Great shot @cargo

I love the edit Gary- nice cat too mate

Les :)
Thanks Lez. Appreciate you stopping by.
Hi Brian. No need to be sorry :)
I agree there is wonky things going on. Probably the paper is not square to the camera or maybe the reverse same goes with the cases. Off course as stated on the next post these cases will never sit level on top of each other.
I straightened the bottom two cases and levelled the floor to frame. I left the top case as it seems correct that it would maybe not be sit level.
FIpOEKo.jpg

Is it any better to your eyes ?
These old cases probably never line up truly straight.

Great shot @cargo
Thanks Mark.

Yes they don't sit perfectly level and in some ways that is a plus point.
I get the comments about level etc but despite that you have a lovely cat and the photography of it is very good.
Hi
Great thanks very much.

Gaz

Last edited:
What a wonderful little fellow. When I go on holiday and get the suit cases out my can starts sleeping in the suit case ! !
Thanks T.

Abbey is not fond of sitting in the cases.

At the moment anyway !

Gaz

Last edited:
Back