Abbie

Edit My Images
No
Quick preview shot of a larger collection. Any critique?

Last edited:

Beautiful girl
seams to be a good take
I don't understant the washed out look!

Very nice shot of a beautiful lady, but needs a slight tweak as it's too washed out for me and it does spoil the shot a little...:)

Have to agree with the above. Looks like it was shot through (not so clean) glass.

What was the idea behind the processing?

Agree with all the comments about it looking washed out. Other than that it is a nice shot.

I find the shadow cast by the stray hair on the right hand side (viewers left) of her face distracting. Also I would crop it just under her neck as the button and tie/skin beneath distracts. I might also lose a little empty space on the right (and the oof darker area) and crop tighter on the left, but placing her still left of centre for the viewer. (Can't edit your pic to illustrate unfortunately)

Like others, I find the 'washed out look' unfortunately does little for the composition, the very pretty face is fine, I don't think it needs significantly softening..

Posts crossed.

The edit is an improvement regards washed out look, but this is something that needed addressing at the shoot stage as pp will struggle with such matters.

IMO, I think there is a fair amount of highlight that could
be recovered and then adjust the overall tonality…
I don't think you're done yet, Andrew!

… and, as usual, her phone number was omitted! ;-)

Last edited:
If you zoom in on her forehead, there are quite a few stray hairs that could be easily cloned/healed, even those on the hood. Especially the right hand side (forehead) as you look at her face.
I would try adjusting the mid tones a touch (darker), to see what effect that has.
This could be a nice image with a little more work (y). Lovely model.

Would you mind me having a play around with the picture as I think it can be saved

I like it. It has a lot going for it.
I'll never understand the 'stray hair' issue. She's outside! Where there's wind and sun and omg WEATHER!

or maybe i;m just thick

I like it. It has a lot going for it.
I'll never understand the 'stray hair' issue. She's outside! Where there's wind and sun and omg WEATHER!

or maybe i;m just thick

I did model photography for years, and the first thing you ever got slammed for was stray hairs. I never mentioned the wind swept hair, because as you say.....she is outside, and I am fine with the hair on her cheek, but some stray hairs can just ruin an image. Who wants an otherwise pleasing image, with silly looking stragglers. Zoom in on her forehead on flickr.
Photography is personal taste in many cases, and we should always remember and respect that. If the photographer and model are fine with stray hairs, then that is fine also. :)

People always have stray hairs especially in the outdoors.
natural does it for me.
The hair perfection days are history...gone with the perms.

I don't think anyone mentioned 'hair perfection' Terry. I said that I accepted that it was outside, and that whatever floats your boat is fine / personal preference.
My preference is tidying up stragglers. Maybe I 'am' out of date. It was about 7 years ago since I did a portrait (except child photography), and critique I received always came from photographers who did modelling and portrait work all the time, rather than a general photography site.

I would have gone further into the hair line, but to me this looks much better Andrew (y). What do 'you' think?
That long hair was too bright and distracting.
The colour is the better image in my opinion.:)

The colour is the better image in my opinion.

+1

Though the hair was no issue for me, I am still hungry for a
toned down version with highlights recovery.

I would have gone further into the hair line, but to me this looks much better Andrew (y). What do 'you' think?
That long hair was too bright and distracting.
The colour is the better image in my opinion.:)

Thanks, I agree colour and it does look much better.

+1

Though the hair was no issue for me, I am still hungry for a
toned down version with highlights recovery.

Not sure I understand what you mean..not the best on lightroom. what adjustments would you make to do this?

Back