Aberdeen Harbour from above

Where these taken from a rc platform of some sort? If so, it would seem as though the props/motors need balancing.

What can I say, a picture speaks 1000 words about a place. Here none of them are complimentary.

You wanna take a hike down Union Street. What an effin toilet. Makes me so angry to see what's happened to my home town. It's an embarrassment.

Fine images, but it goes to show what a dump Aberdeen actually is.

Not the faintest how you come up with a comment like that based on a couple of shots of the harbour?

Aberdeen is still a lovely place, great shopping, one of the very best Thai restaurants in Scotland and a Town hall to beat all comers.

I go up there a few times a year and it is one of my favourite cities.

Not the faintest how you come up with a comment like that based on a couple of shots of the harbour?

Aberdeen is still a lovely place, great shopping, one of the very best Thai restaurants in Scotland and a Town hall to beat all comers.

I go up there a few times a year and it is one of my favourite cities.

It's a cancer ridden s***hole. Yeh, there's some good shops and eateries but overall it's a bloody tip. Full of drunks, junkies, crackheads and beggars. Successive councils have ripped the heart out of it and it's not the vibrant place I grew up in and loved.

Do you mean the old town hall in Old Aberdeen?

Last edited:
Reactions: ST4
Successive councils have ripped the heart out of it.

Agree with this bit, its been completely underdeveloped even when millions have been put on the table to depelop it, but the rest is just way too harsh!

Last edited:
........................... but the rest is just way too harsh!
No it's not imo. I've seen the changes over decades and little of it has been good.

It's a cancer ridden s***hole. Yeh, there's some good shops and eateries but overall it's a bloody tip. Full of drunks, junkies, crackheads and beggars. Successive councils have ripped the heart out of it and it's not the vibrant place I grew up in and loved.

Do you mean the old town hall in Old Aberdeen?

Nope, might not be called the town hall but it was all cleaned a few years ago. It's a few hundred yards to the left of Union St, once you go by Marks and Sparks.

Just a beautiful example of the Granite city.

As for the rest, we walk down Union St any Saturday night we are up there and never seen anything other than a few Rumanian beggars.

Nope, might not be called the town hall but it was all cleaned a few years ago. It's a few hundred yards to the left of Union St, once you go by Marks and Sparks.

Just a beautiful example of the Granite city.

As for the rest, we walk down Union St any Saturday night we are up there and never seen anything other than a few Rumanian beggars.

Ah, I know the building you mean. There's no doubt the place has some of the worlds best granite structures.

Perhaps being born and bred there, I've seen things from a more in depth point of view than you have from a superficial angle (don't mean that in a dismissive or disparaging way). I've been witness too some horrendous things and seen the rot that has set in over the years and how the city has failed to keep its house in order. This not only covers the aesthetic attributes of the city but also various political agendas, crime, welfare, social deprivation, unemployment, immigration issues and drugs etc etc. All of which have contributed to the demise of my once beloved home. It greatly saddens me to view the place as I do now have no doubt but that's the way it is.

Strangely enough, I feel a similar way about my home town in the Borders and it depresses me when I go back.

You do see some odd sights in Aberdeen though.

Wandering round Fittie a few years ago, we saw an airplane in a garage:eek:

I've been to Aberdeen many times. Every time I go, a little bit of me dies inside.

Well, the next trip you take up to this corner, all of you might die:D

Can I pack a list of forumites (lefties) so they might die upon hitting the grey hell that is aberdeeen

Yeh, more the merrier. I'm all for a bit of leftie genocide :D:D:D:D

Reactions: ST4
Back