Critique Abi Alton

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
No
A shot of Abi Alton, a local singer/songwriter performing at Guisborough Forest a few weekends back. I believe she made the live tv shows on the X Factor a couple of years ago, not surprising given her fantastic voice.

Abi Alton
by Tony Richardson, on Flickr

Any and all comments warmly welcomed, I seem to struggle to get much in the way of feedback/critique for some reason :confused:

Thanks for looking :)

That's a darn good shot! The background (I know you have nothing to do with it!)
is fantastic. For a live performance shot… Bravo! Coooool conversion.

I like this a lot. Nicely composed and as already mentioned the background works very well. You have some solid areas of black. Her top merging into the guitar, her hair, the music stand, etc. Might need a little levels adjustment to show some lost shadow detail. Just a thought. I'd also clone out the vertical line/divide in the background, but that's just personal preference. Great shot.

Thanks all for the kind words, I agree that the shadows being cast on the background really make the shot - an example of being in the right place at the right time I guess :)

Cheers for the pointer re the blacks too @Morbid - may have a fiddle in LR and see about that when time allows. Not sure that my (limited!) pp skills will be enough to clone out the beam, but I agree that it is an unwelcome distraction.

Cheers

That works pretty well for me Tony, with a nice bit of B&W PP work and good composition.(y)

George.

Works for me a lovely shot. Well captured.

Tony, I revisited your shot after a stressful day, and a nap, and I think it
could be improved tonal range wise.

Back