Absolute beginner efforts.

There are instructions on here somewhere but you need to copy the BB code from the 'share' option (all the code - just select, copy & paste). Not everyone likes following links for obvious reasons.

Many thanks, will try again :) ......... Nope, cant work it out, never mind. Will just try uploading one directly from my pc for now ....

Last edited:
I liked the upwards shot of the trees which you included in your first set. Not all photos I liked but there's something about each photo that makes me look forward to seeing what you will produce when you've "learned". I think it's your style or eye. Good job so far and looking forward to seeing more! :)

I liked the upwards shot of the trees which you included in your first set. Not all photos I liked but there's something about each photo that makes me look forward to seeing what you will produce when you've "learned". I think it's your style or eye. Good job so far and looking forward to seeing more! :)
:agree:

Many thanks for the feedback guys. I have a particular fascination for the odd things you find placed on graves, they acquire a very interesting patina after a while exposed to the elements and have their own unique personality when photographed up close.
I'm looking forward to getting out and taking more photos and learning from my mistakes!

Matt..I viewed your flickr content, and I think your forte is in compositional skill, I would concentrate on this and then look to pp to give your shots a more 'punchy' look (just my opinion)

Robin

I like 1,4 and 5.

1 is a tad dark on the foreground. Could be my monitor though? 4 works for me with the over exposed sky.

Good job.

It helps if you number them too if you want opinion ;)

Like the idea of the glove/ladybird one

Many thanks guys for all your help and encouraging words. I definitely need to improve upon my understanding of exposure and RAW processing for sure!

Here's another shot from today.

IMG_1959 c2 by blazingstarre, on Flickr

I love the teddy on the fence, the frog and the tombstone by the shrubs. I think your subjects do work better with black and white, and then you can experiment more with the mood of the photos, explore light and dark.
Great compositions!

Thanks for your kind words and very helpful advice Andrea :)

Matt..I viewed your flickr content, and I think your forte is in compositional skill, I would concentrate on this and then look to pp to give your shots a more 'punchy' look (just my opinion)

Robin

Absolutely, your composition indicates a really good eye. The varied viewpoints are great too. I'd suggest that looking for and making better use of light will make more difference than PP at this stage. That and nailing your exposure; experiment with spot metering and exposure compensation or shooting in manual.

Back