Name
dave
Edit My Images
Yes
These are three of my favorite abstract-ish macro shots that I have taken fairly recently. The first image is a Dremel motor, the second a metal mesh fruit bowl and the last one is a door handle.

eqP9QLh.png
IrPMdJJ.png
KsvdjhH.png

I like the last one of the door handle very much. The colours, light, unusual POV and textures in the handle make a very interesting shot.

Not quite so sure about the first two. For me the first one is dominated by the silver ring in the middle with not enough interest in the rest of the shot and feel it is the weakest of the three. The second one has good light and tones in it, I like the way the strip of ight runs down the diagonal and the silver ball is sharp but it doesn't really hold my interest.

All three have their own tonal quality,
graphic elements, and tasteful com-
position… identifiable or not. Groovy!

Welcome to TP.
3 nice shots and again the last one is the best imo but all nice tries.
Is Macro your preferred section or some other form of photography ?

Not quite so sure about the first two. For me the first one is dominated by the silver ring in the middle with not enough interest in the rest of the shot and feel it is the weakest of the three. The second one has good light and tones in it, I like the way the strip of ight runs down the diagonal and the silver ball is sharp but it doesn't really hold my interest.

I understand what your saying, first two are quite abstract and minimalist, however I have to agree the door handle is my favorite.

All three have their own tonal quality,
graphic elements, and tasteful com-
position… identifiable or not. Groovy!

Welcome to TP.
3 nice shots and again the last one is the best imo but all nice tries.
Is Macro your preferred section or some other form of photography ?

Thanks, i do a little landscape but Macro is my preferred area. I love the way everyday objects become really abstract when viewed up close.

These types of shots tend to be my diffusion test subjects but i do love the abstract especially when can be done like the above examples. The door handle is perfect and processed to that gritty feel.

The door handle is perfect and processed to that gritty feel.

Thanks, I did originally edit it in HDR Efex Pro, but it wouldnt save so edited it in Color Efex Pro instead. Glad I did as I got a better result

I like the door handle for its tones and processing. I also like the second as looks almost like planets.

Thanks, the second one was inspired by the planet Saturn, I was going to try and create a macro shot of Mars, but im not sure how to go about it though...maybe I could use an orange lol

Back