Accidents happen...

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Well this thread and results wont be to everyone's taste but I really enjoyed the effects created by the tragic end to my 50mm f1.8 II lens.

It got smashed and I used the front element reversed onto a Takumar 28mm to get the below effect which I really liked, let me know what you think.

IMG_3854
by bthomas124, on Flickr

2. Honey Bee going about business

IMG_3862
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_3881
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_4006
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_3847
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_3851
by bthomas124, on Flickr

All comments welcome and appreciated.

:ty:

I think that's pretty cool, and great you can still get images with it. What happened?

Me being stupid left my camera and lens on sofa arm... with 3 under 4's around the inevitable occurred. Can use it as excuse to get a new lens eg 18-35mm sigma art :D Just need to save up some cash. (y)

I like 4006, cool (y)

Not to my taste, I'll happily admit BUT I can see that they are effective and appreciate any form of recycling!

I like 4006, cool (y)

One of my favs too but pipped by #3

That hurt my eyes.

Smashing pics... :cautious:

My gosh it burns winston... it burns :D I'll send you the schematics lol

Ha ha....nice effect...great lens modification !!

Thanks was a happy mistake in the end I really do like the effect

Not to my taste, I'll happily admit BUT I can see that they are effective and appreciate any form of recycling!

Completely understand, was never gonna be to everyones taste but I can see some uses in what I do so appreciate it as an option available to me. :D

Yep Bryn very good but, not a massive fan though, do you realise people pay very little money to get that effect using eBay macro filters :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. I think i'll do that to my 100mm... ;}

I don't not endorse breaking any lens.

Pretty cool! Have your tried doing a portrait?

Lol... should have guess you would ask that Mr Portrait (at the moment at least) sneaky sneaky...

Dont think the magnification is enough really may try it on front of Venus. But did shoot my new niece with it and it worked out well.

Yep Bryn very good but, not a massive fan though, do you realise people pay very little money to get that effect using eBay macro filters :LOL:

Not with this lack of CA they don't or smoothness of background :D but then they are not £90 glass lol

Last edited:
Interesting effect, almost like a circular focus vignetting, I like it (y)

Hi Bryn cool effect not really my kind of thing but it does work well on the last one

Back