Ace Cafe 11.05.09

Name
Richard Baldry
Edit My Images
Yes
hi Guys

Popped down to ace cafe last night and took a few quick photos but I always find it difficult to make the cars look good when there so any suggestions would be very welcome.

all these pics have had no PP and i think im going to have a play with some of the graphs to pull the images out a bit more but heres a few of my preferred ones.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

and the rest are all available HERE

You need to shoot quite wide to get the car in focus, but throw the background out of focus to isolate the cars. IMO that's what's lacking a little.

Nice shots though.

Love the angle of 4. Looks almost like a caricature of a Mustang.

Thanks

You need to shoot quite wide to get the car in focus, but throw the background out of focus to isolate the cars. IMO that's what's lacking a little.

Nice shots though.

ahh good shout, makes sense, ill be trying that more next time im out.

thanks

I'me fairly new to this myself, would the use of a polarising filter cut down on the glare on the bodywork

Last edited:
To be honest, as lovely as these cars are (especially the 'Stang) you're still shooting them in a fairly tight car park with lots of other cars and people around.
I can think of a couple of ways to draw focus away from the background but they will look very obvious, if you want really good shots of the cars though my suggestion would be to get talking to the owners and ask them if they'd like some photos taking of their pride and joy of which you'd let them have the best ones.
If, on the other hand, you just want to collect some photos of lovely cars then really you'll just have to accept the limitations of these sort of surroundings.

Rich - nice shot of the XJ220. I often get down the Ace (I live a couple of miles from the place). You can see shots from my recent trip there for the Jaguar Day HERE

Thanks for the comments so far.

Ive been playing with photoshop during my lunch and got these two which are ok.

4b
main.php

1a
main.php

Back