(Added Photos) Another go at Birding....

Bryn, looking at the first Nuthatch in the second group, IMG_5638

I don't think that they are over exposed ....... the histogram may point that way ...... but the main adjustments IMHO are that the shadows need lifting, the exposure increasing to lighten the bg whilst pulling the highlights back on the bird when the exposure is increased

In this image if you lighten the background by increasing the exposure selectively it will make the bird stand out more

You could adjust the tone curve manually but a way to improve the image would be the treat the bird separately from the background to ensure that any adjustments made to the bird are not carried through into the bg and vice versa

maybe something like the following if all the adjustments are done in one layer ...... just a couple of minutes work .... I'm sure that it can be improved by an "expert" in PS and difficult with a small jpeg

Rich is the expert!

BRYN.jpg

Thanks Bill will give it a go not an expert at PP but just more part of the learning :)

There's a noticible improvement in the photos. It just shows how helpful criticism really works.

Thank you Derek as long as I'm improving I'm cool with that. :D

I'm on number 3. They have a plan to help each other.

You spend their first 8 years shouting "I'll never have another flipping Springer". Then 4 years saying "another will be fine". Then then their first 8 years shouting "I'll never have............

Trying to get a decent shot of my year old Springer tearing round the garden is a nightmare.

They're like grease lightning!

Back