Wow, great timing, (y)
Love it :)

nice photo
what where the setting ?
see all the exif file is missing from picture

Wow, great timing, (y)Love it :)
Brilliant, great shot.Howard
Right place right time. Well done.
Not something you see everyday! Great shot!
A little cracker
Thanks all for the comments it tuned out a little better than the unedited version below.
1D4_4261-4.jpg

nice photo, what where the setting ?see all the exif file is missing from picture
Settings were Canon 1Div, Sigma 150-600 @600mm, 1/1000, f6.3 and ISO 1250 handheld. Edited in Lightroom with selection brush used to darken the bits around it.

My local meadow where we get SEO did not get any and the other spots I know they did get some but all were proper nocturnal.

Last year we had three local Barn Owls this year only one and again it only usually only came out well after dark
I think it was on Springwatch where they said it had been a poor year for owls, they blamed the weather.

That's amazing! Is it normal behaviour for adders to entering water? I'd like to have a go at finding them myself but I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

That's amazing! Is it normal behaviour for adders to entering water? I'd like to have a go at finding them myself but I wouldn't have a clue where to start.
I don't know much about Adders swimming but what I do know is I have spent many if not hundreds of hours waiting in this spot for Hobby action over the years and this is only the second one I have seen swimming.

I used to see a lot of adders about, but over the last few years I haven't seen any, I'd be guessing and say numbers are going down. Cracking shot mate.

Back