Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Maybe prompted by"flat" images - resulting from novice lighting and photographic skills - I'm beginning to quite enjoy applying textures and layers in Photoshop to create a little added interest. Some photography aficionados may frown at that I suppose !?! Here's a before and after "treatment"

2rqbn6o.jpg

16gint5.jpg

Do whatever floats YOUR boat and ignore anyone else. If you enjoy it, then that's all that matters. I'm rubbish at drawing and painting, but love the creativity of photography. I'll never be as talented as some of the guys and gals on here, very willing to learn, but I just going out there and snapping!

View attachment 37844

I agree with Stephen - I generally don't 'get' textures but if you like them then texture away and enjoy yourself:)

think textures can work well if the original photo underneath is good. if they are used to just to cover up a bad shot ( just like those overcooked HDR images you see ) then it fails.
ive seen some amazing texture work with buildings tranformed from something quite mundane looking to an old ruined derelict wreck, done right it looks amazing, done badly it looks a mess.

Back