Adding To Flickr And Sharing Here

Edit My Images
Yes
Evening folks,

Humble apologies if this is in the wrong section so please feel free to move, if so please mods.

I've noticed a lot of members on here share their images to this forum (and elsewhere) via Flickr.

I have a few questions:

1) When you upload your images to albums on Flickr, what size do you upload at (resolution of mb's)?

2) When you put the image into a forum post, how do you do this?

3) Anyone ever got to the stage on Flickr where you've either run out of storage space or had to actually buy space?

Cheers all

1. I upload to FlickR at the size I want to post - and use the "Original" option

2. I use the "Original" size code in "BBCode"

3. I have a pro account. If I use and value a hosting service I'm happy to pay for it.

@-Oy- do you tend to keep them in albums or just throw everything you like into one and just tag them?

1) I normally upload at the original size but set a minimum that others can download at (in Flickr Settings).

2) See the link above, though basically you need to cut & paste the BBCode (look for the right facing arrow bottom right of you photo on Flickr).

3) No, I think I have 1TB free so very unlikely I will.

Yup, just looked - makes sense and looks neat and organised - i'm in :)

Albums are a good idea, and so is tagging. Albums are especially useful if you take a wide variety of photos, and want to show people a particular set of pictures (e.g. pictures from a wedding or birthday party).

I normally upload limited sizes, usually 1200 or 1500px on the longest side.

Back