Adobe Bridge CS5 can't find camera?

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
I've not done any image uploads for some time now due to a new baby and the time I no longer seems to have spare. :sleep:

I've just tried to load some images from my Canon 5D3 to Bridge CS5 but the Photoloader can't find my camera for some reason even when I refresh the list. It worked fine last time a used it a couple of months ago. I'm on a Mac using OS Sierra 10.12.2 and Bridge 4.0.5.11.

Any ideas?:(

Hi

When you connect the camera to the Mac does the Mac detect the camera?

I presume might be an issue with OS as opposed to cs5, also it is best to download using a card reader rather then connect the camera to the Mac.

Hi

When you connect the camera to the Mac does the Mac detect the camera?

I presume might be an issue with OS as opposed to cs5, also it is best to download using a card reader rather then connect the camera to the Mac.

I've had a look in Finder and it doesn't look like the Mac can see the camera when it's plugged in. It worked fine last time and I'm 99% sure it was running Sierra.

Not sure if you use EOS Utility but a bit more info here if you do:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/58580648

Any reason why you do not use a card reader to copy pictures across, I know you said that it worked straight from camera?

I've never used a card reader. Just plug the camera directly into the Mac USB amd it auto loads Bridge & Photo Loader. I think I have a card ready knocking about somewhere but it is easier to just plug and go with the actual camera.

Back