Adobe Bridge instead of LR

Edit My Images
No
I've being paying monthly for LR for several years now but hardly ever use it for post processing.
I dont want to lose all the cataloguing, keywords etc I've created but neither do I want to keep paying monthly.
What are my alternatives and would the currently free version of Bridge be a good substitute please?

Hi and welcome to TP

AFAIK if you are using LR Classic CC (the one where all your image files on on your computer) then if you cease the monthly subscription, all that happens is that you lose the development module. The Library module remains fully working.

I stand to be corrected but the above is my understanding.

PS again only AFAIK if you are using the cloud based version of LR I think there is a method of reverting/converting it to the Classic version........but that presupposes that you download all your files from the cloud before ceasing the subscription!

I've being paying monthly for LR for several years now but hardly ever use it for post processing.
I dont want to lose all the cataloguing, keywords etc I've created but neither do I want to keep paying monthly.
What are my alternatives and would the currently free version of Bridge be a good substitute please?

Hi Caroline - welcome to TP.

I don't know adobe bridge. You might want to look into On1 Photoraw - the software can import your catalogue, keywords etc, replicating Lightroom adjustments in their own software. It's paid-for software, and they have a huge range of 'how to' videos etc. It doesn't work for everyone, but it is a powerful alternative to lightroom with excellent compatibility and a lot more tools and adjustments.

FWIW I run lightroom for image processing, but use On1 for pixel-level editing, merging layers, proper cloning, panorama & HDR work.

Thanks Box Brownie and ancient_mariner for your welcome and replies.
Its correct that I can still retain the Library module and would just lose develop and map.
So I'll take a look On1Photoraw trial .

I started the cancellation procedure but wasnt able to complete so went to the chat box for help.
Result - the nice customer support has given me 3 free months which of course I've accepted!

LR has a database for the catalogue so searches are very fast whereas Bridge does not.

Dave

Back