Adobe haters, I have a question for you

On to Excel.

excel is brilliant for crunching numbers.

Not so brilliant as a database, or when spreadsheet designers don’t protect sheets, so cells with formulae cannot be overwritten. Or when complicated formulae have errors in them.

So what you're saying is that Excel isn't great if it's not used properly, isn't that the same for any software? It's excellent as a database it it's set up properly.

The problem with it as a database is there is no data integrity. Sort with not enough columns selected and Bang! Your database is hosed.

So what you're saying is that Excel isn't great if it's not used properly, isn't that the same for any software?
I've seen plenty of HDR abominations come out of Photoshop and Lightroom. I've never heard anyone tell photographers, "Stop using that software - see what might happen!!!"

Are you using OSX or Windows? I've never used Lightroom on Windows but does it not have File, Edit etc somewhere above LIBRARY DEVELOP MAP BOOK SLIDESHOW PRINT WEB? I'm talking about menus, not Lightroom Modules.

I don't know in all honesty - Ancient Mariner has given me one more tool to use though, the merge exposure ability! One step at a time... I won't be printing, I will entrust that to someone who knows how to do it.

I found years ago, back in the day of PhotoShop Elements 11, that it was a real pain to use. Whereas the other Software I was using, Zoner Photo Studio< was easy and intuitive,

Now moved on to ACDsee Ultimate 2020. Not perfect but getting better.

Back