Advice/criticism

Edit My Images
No
a couple of pictures of our local scrapyard lol
these Ghost ships (american) are awaiting scrapping in our local dock

i was at extreme range here and trying to get the mist as well as the ships

ghost-ships1.jpg

ghost-ships2.jpg

Good efforts. However there are quite a few things you can do to improve the shots.

Firstly you could have got a lot closer. No need to have the fence, grey box or windscreen wiper in the frames. The subject is the ships.

They look slightly over exposed as well. It may be a white balance setting? I am sure one of the others will be able to say what the problem is.

As fungus said it would be great to see some pics from the other side of the fence to show the main focus of the picture.

What camera were these taken on?

GSVJase said:
What camera were these taken on?

dont laugh but ... its an old starblitz sd 300 3.3mp and 3 * zoom
thanks for any advise folks as i havent a clue what half these functions do .

I wouldnt worry about the camera as I have a £40 jessops fun cam that I carry about with me that can sometimes take some great pics in the right conditions ;)

think of photography as a ' contact sport ' ,

by this i mean that you have to activly get out there and take pictures of the things you like, as they aint gona jump into your camera,
i dont mean this in any nasty way but you have to be active, if you get out of the car and walk over to the fence over the road and your pictures would be at least 10x better and you will fill the frame with your subject, after this happens you can start ' tweeking ' your technique for improvement.

i know it can be intimidating standing there taking pics knowing someone might be watching you, but it really is the only way to get started, and its you getting the better pictures, not them :)

at 3.3meg your camera is fine for the moment, especially with a 3x zoom,

"thanks for any advise folks as i havent a clue what half these functions do ."...............well , the only way round that is to press every button in as many situations as possible and experiment, lets face it , it wont cost any money to do so like it would with a film camera , and peeps new to digital photography dont take nearly as many pictures as they should.

i hope this goes some way to improve your photography aand please take this in the spirit it is meant.

MyPix :)

But beware which fence you jump over to get that photo as you might encounter a South West Water worker that starts swearing at you cos your in their compound trying to get that perfect dam shot next to the resevoir!!!

I usually spend 10 mins walking around a subject looking for the best view for the shot. You'd be amazed how a shot can change by standing on a wall / car park or simply crossing the street!

Back