Advice on my new camera please!

Name
Julian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
My trusty old OM-10 died recently and I looked around for a replacement, eventually settling for an OM-2n, and I saw this one, body only, on eBay. The bloke had written a really rubbish, really sparse description (he just wrote "excellent condition with new batteries and lens cap", that's all) so nobody was bidding on it, and I got it for £41! Apart from being a little dusty round the nooks and crannies it's like new - all dials are tight and clicky and clunky just how they should be.
There's just one thing I need to know about it that I didn't already - there's a little round socket on the side set into a little round housing. You can turn the housing to F, P or X. What is this for? Sorry if I'm being a bit of a spaz. I figure it may be for using some other sort of flashgun, but I have the T20 flash anyway which is fully automated with the OM-2 so intend to use that.
Anyway, I'm off out now to buy a film and put it through quickly then into a 1 hour D&P place to check everything works! Fingers crossed...

I used to have an OM-something (the one where you had to get the extra thing to plug in for aperture priority). It was a lovely camera. Enjoy yours!

Actually, it'll be just 2 settings FP and X.

X is universally used to denote electronic flash.

FP is used for flash bulbs specifically designed for use with focal plane shutters.

[S4]OM2 : I am The Man[/S4]

Had one for thirty years, fabulous, would never part with it :bonk:

I used to have an OM-something (the one where you had to get the extra thing to plug in for aperture priority). It was a lovely camera. Enjoy yours!

I had one of those... OM10 and the extra bit was for manual I think! (y)

Actually, it'll be just 2 settings FP and X.

X is universally used to denote electronic flash.

FP is used for flash bulbs specifically designed for use with focal plane shutters.

Mr CT. You are the man.
Thank you very much for sharing your wise and sagacious knowledge!
Julian.x(y)

And yes the one with the manual addy-on thingy was the OM-10. It was the 'bottom of the range' but it was a cracking little camera for the money. I had many years' use from mine.:D

I had one of those... OM10 and the extra bit was for manual I think! (y)
ah - that'd be it :D.
Mr CT. You are the man.
Thank you very much for sharing your wise and sagacious knowledge!
Julian.x(y)

And yes the one with the manual addy-on thingy was the OM-10. It was the 'bottom of the range' but it was a cracking little camera for the money. I had many years' use from mine.:D

Yeah, I really loved it - I also had a Minolta X-300 which was also a nice manual body, though in the end I couldn't resist the allure of an EOS 1000FN. .

Back